This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~* When a spell doesn't work... *~

Or, rather: When a spell works and then doesn't.

To make an incredibly long story short, I cast a customized spell for a client a little less than 20 days ago.
    She wanted luck, beauty and attraction most of all. She actually asked for a whole slew of things, but I
    did my best to simplify things in order for the spell to have enough focus. I cast the spell & sent the charm.
    Within days she had an abundance of luck, including 3 interviews (and one where she got the job).
    She had gained quite a bit of attention from a guy she has a huge crush on, and things were looking up.
    Between the time of the casting and now, she's also been ordering tarot readings. After so many, I had to
    tell her to ease up and give the future time to change. I told her to give it at least a week because she
    kept asking the same question over and over about the same guy whom she knew was not interested in her.
    Now, it's been another week, and she got another reading that told her the same thing that the readings
    told her last week (her readings were literally pulling up the same cards, it was that intense).
    On top of that, she somehow got fired from her job, and she seems to be upset that the Karmic return to
    a guy (that she was trying to date, but wasn't dating, but was spending loads of money on) isn't seemingly
    going the way she wants it to.

In your opinion, what is the major factor here?
    I've no doubt that the energies are in motion, I'm just worried that she might not be deserving of the prosperity the spell can bring. She was doing fine at first (peace of mind was another big part of the casting, as she is obviously easily upset), but I'm wondering if the spell has faded or maybe if it just hasn't come into full fruition yet?

Re: ~* When a spell doesn't work... *~

Not sure if this is of any help, but I posted a talk on this subject on my Youtube Channel here: http://youtu.be/ggBzYepqfcY
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I feel like it could be her, she is still waiting and wanting, and she isn't really letting the spell settle in her, if part of her, even a subconscious part feels too strongly that it isn't working, or never will it can throw a huge wrench into the works of the spell, there also could be other issues with her we don't know about, could be she did something to lose the job and we don't really know how she behaved outside of the interview. It could also be that the guy and job weren't right for her, like a message that this would jot have given her the intent of the spell, a job that could ruin her mental health or physical health would have hurt other parts of the spell, so she got the job, but lost it for her own well being? Kind of a mean joke, but sometimes things can go that way....
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by HavaSpell View Post
        Or, rather: When a spell works and then doesn't.

To make an incredibly long story short, I cast a customized spell for a client a little less than 20 days ago.
        She wanted luck, beauty and attraction most of all. She actually asked for a whole slew of things, but I
        did my best to simplify things in order for the spell to have enough focus. I cast the spell & sent the charm.
        Within days she had an abundance of luck, including 3 interviews (and one where she got the job).
        She had gained quite a bit of attention from a guy she has a huge crush on, and things were looking up.
        Between the time of the casting and now, she's also been ordering tarot readings. After so many, I had to
        tell her to ease up and give the future time to change. I told her to give it at least a week because she
        kept asking the same question over and over about the same guy whom she knew was not interested in her.
        Now, it's been another week, and she got another reading that told her the same thing that the readings
        told her last week (her readings were literally pulling up the same cards, it was that intense).
        On top of that, she somehow got fired from her job, and she seems to be upset that the Karmic return to
        a guy (that she was trying to date, but wasn't dating, but was spending loads of money on) isn't seemingly
        going the way she wants it to.

In your opinion, what is the major factor here?
        I've no doubt that the energies are in motion, I'm just worried that she might not be deserving of the prosperity the spell can bring. She was doing fine at first (peace of mind was another big part of the casting, as she is obviously easily upset), but I'm wondering if the spell has faded or maybe if it just hasn't come into full fruition yet?
        I agree with Maria de Luna for the most part.

I would also add that the first thing that leapt out at me about the situation was multiple desires (of the client's) rolled into one spell. I would say that it's possible that there is a conflict with this - or the purpose was not specific enough and is dissipating the energy. Without seeing the spell's specifics and without knowing this person and her personal circumstances, it's impossible to say what the issue is.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          I agree with Maria de Luna for the most part.

I would also add that the first thing that leapt out at me about the situation was multiple desires (of the client's) rolled into one spell. I would say that it's possible that there is a conflict with this - or the purpose was not specific enough and is dissipating the energy. Without seeing the spell's specifics and without knowing this person and her personal circumstances, it's impossible to say what the issue is.
          First, I'd like to thank Tylluan for the referral. It did hit on some notes I was pondering on.
          I agree with Maria as well, the client wants way too much all at once.
          I'm doing my best to work with her slowly and gently in order to help her through her desires (etc).
          I tried explaining to her that you can only do so much with each spell, but she insisted, so...
          I insisted on trying. Ultimately, I took her requests for love, attraction, and happiness and decided
          to convert it into a spell that focused more-so on Peace of Mind (as I believe that is her primary
          obstacle in getting what she truly wants) as well as luck. That's not to say I didn't cast for love
          as she asked, but I cast for self-love in the hopes it would reflect in the eyes of her admirers.
          So far, the guy she has a crush on has been wanting to spend a lot more time with her, and her
          ex-suitor has even come back trying to make amends. But, like it's been said, she's flip-flopping
          between belief and disbelief and I think it's hindering the spell (along with the previously mentioned complications).
          When I do spell work or readings with a client, I try to be more of a friend and a counselor
          than anything. I feel like getting to know the person will help me navigate their energy easier.
          I'm just a bit confused because the spell is amazingly powerful. As I was casting it that night,
          the glass candle taper literally had a chunk explode from it's side (another reminder to watch how
          I title and word my incantations). It's no thin piece of glass either. O_O;
          Am I possibly going about things the wrong way? Should I be a tad bit more strict and limit clients
          to my own menu and repertoire of spells (that way I know their potency first-hand)?

Comment

I've honestly always been a bit wary of spells for people I have never met, you never know what baggage they bring with them, or where their head is. When we do work for ourselves or friends or family, we kind of know the emotional states and can pour a bit of ourselves into the working, we know in our hearts and minds what the goal is, and we can tell if the other person does too. I would say, yes you should limit what you do to things you are comfortable doing, you never know what conflicting results could arise from energy directed possibly even against itself, with some requests. People buying spells don't know that we don't just wiggle our noses and make their life better, if it were that simple all decent magical practitioners would be hugely successful and have awesome lives, right? I'm a fan of if you are selling something, sell your best and what you know works, improv can be awesome but it can also hit a brick wall hard...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Great advice Maria.
              The client was chatting with me today and was suddenly very exuberantly happy about the spell casting and the charm.
              I was like, "Wait... What!?" My head was spinning. From now on, I'm only going to offer pre-tested spells. No more custom orders. lol

Comment

Working...
              X