X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doom of Ukraine

Just saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVaL0Q5DOY
    That's what happening in Odessa, Ukraine. College girls make molotovs and cause terror in the city.
    For those who don't know very much - there is a war in Ukraine between the government, civilians and bandits. The video is an example of what's going on there.
    It's just sad. The country is doomed for destruction. Perhaps there is a solution, but it is very miserable.

It's better for civilians to join Russia at the moment. Among 2 problem, one picks the smaller one.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: The doom of Ukraine

Odessa was a beautiful city when I was there back in the late 90's. Shame to see it like that and the people at each others throats. What's really sad is the reports of today are not significantly different than they were in the 1920 time frame.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Damn..... Only now there was written in the news that this video was made by people from Russia by purpose. Baaahhh!!!! :rage:
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Lots of propaganda going around these days,check the sources when watching or reading things.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I will admit myself to be no proper fan of Russia, as I greatly disagree with Putin on a great deal, if not most all, of issues, but I cannot find it within me to support the actions of Kiev. I personally believe that the Pro-Russians are more legitimate in their grievances than Euromaidan, and I support their ability to break away from Ukraine and join Russia. I agree with the video.

I've listed a few of the considerations that went into my support of the Pro-Russians below.

Considering that the acting 'government' of Ukraine has kicked out two democratically elected political parties which held Pro-Russian views (the Communist Party and the Party of Regions), and considering that they overthrew a democratically elected government.

Considering that the acting 'government' of Ukraine has removed the special status that the Russian language used to have, and thus spat directly in the face of all Russian speakers in Ukraine.

Considering that the the acting 'government' of Ukraine slanders the Pro-Russians with the title of 'terrorists' for using the same tactics as Euromaidan, by taking over government buildings, that put them in power in the first place, and is now using the military against them for expressing their democratic voice through organised protest and democratic referendum.

Considering that the the acting 'government' of Ukraine has a good sized presence of far-right nationalists and political parties (especially Svoboda) who have been shown repeatedly honouring individuals like Stepan Bandera, and having them gained a large increase in their political power in the new government.

Sorry if its a bit small, but I didn't want it to take up a lot of space. :3

Comment

I could give a laundry list much larger of terrible things that Russians have done, I am very shocked to see the sentence "I've listed a few of the considerations that went into my support of the Pro-Russians below." to be honest. I can't even believe those 4 meager arguments were presented considering what Russia has done. If I wasn't sicker than sick itself, I'd list some things.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Running the risk of getting my ass chewed off for this but anyway.
              Like Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland or the Palestine/Israel conflict there's a huge amount of pot/kettle/black here, so I'm not going to comment further. Both side has done horrendous things and I'm not a local so I have no idea what would even begin to constitute the "right" solution in this.
              Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I just hope there isn't another war. That's not what we need.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Agree. But I have a feeling that there is a small chance for Ukraine to survive. It hurts to know that the country one was born in will fall soon.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    I just hope there isn't another war. That's not what we need.
                    It's what keeps the money machine crankin'...if there can be a war, someone can make a profit and there will be a war.

Comment

This whole situation erupted because the people of the Ukraine were fed up with the widespread corruption by their politicians and bureaucrats who run the government.
                      Only a few years ago, they peacefully ousted a corrupt president and so they didn't expect this.

The problem for them is that the corruption runs so deep that there is nobody (plural) capable of taking charge and the power vacuum is being filled by opportunistic groups who are equally corrupt.

In an earlier time, they might have succeeded in such a popular revolution and purged corruption from their government and economy. Not so these days where everything is connected and corrupted.

They inadvertently set the stage for a proxy war between competing oligarchies. The timing of this was in perfect synchronisation with the 25.049 year cycle of war and it is likely to become the flashpoint that ignites the world. There is a 72 year political cycle, and a 51.6 year economic cycle.

Under the conditions where the war cycle intensifies in conjunction with a deteriorating economic cycle and political cycle there is great pressure on the ruling class to maintain their lifestyle and power over the people. At the same time, the masses become increasingly disenchanted with the powers that be. It starts with the youth, who are generally energetic, angry, unemployed and relatively poor. The solution for the ruling elite has always been to send these young people off to die in war.

What we are seeing in the Ukraine is the early stages of preparing the youth so they go willingly to their deaths. Russia and China against Europe and North America. The propoganda machine has begun and will only intensify over the coming few years.

Expect an escalation by Europe in the fall.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm on the subject...
                      What to do? How do you protect yourself and family so that you are not completely destitute once this part of the cycle passes?

This is tough. People like us who don't have a lot will likely lose everything from an asset perspective. With declining tax bases due to war, economic decline, and demographics, the tax burden is increased because the political elite will not give up their lifestyle and privilege easily. They will seize assets for no good reason under new laws they themselves pass. They will arbitrarily impose new taxes and levies on anything they can think of (the legalisation of marijuana is no coincidence). This is how it has always been.

In response, the people who understand the game, move their assets into forms that can be easily moved, and hidden. Art, jewellery, collectables and such increase in value tremendously while land, cash, and registered assets crash. For example, right now high end diamonds are extremely popular because you can smuggle a huge sum undetected across borders. Rare stamps are fetching record values.

If you happen to have a nest egg. Then I suggest you take heed of what's going on in the big picture. There is probably a good business as a diamond 'courier' too if you're young and adventurous :-)

Comment

Huh...you think it'll take until fall?

I predict we'll have troops (by "we" I mean one of the European nations, plus the US) there by July. We will be training the rebels to fight the bullies and the Government. There will be a scramble for power at the top of the rebel groups, and right about the time that the rest of the world figures they'll have it under control, the corruption comes out and the whole house of cards comes crashing down. Rinse, repeat - the same thing that's been taking place in the Middle East for the last 80 or so years (various nations, but shockingly similar storylines).

And we will leave them, 20 years later when everyone is sick of the war we'll pull out...and the groups that are grubbing for power now will come back and do it again. Because for all of our training and teaching, we somehow haven't been able to teach people the dark underbelly of Democratic politics and learning those lessons is a bloody, painful mess.

Comment

Working...
                        X