This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Hippy

Hi everyone, I realize that many of you are thinking, "I thought he was an Atheist". I am. This is for my wife, who's no longer active on the Forum but would certainly appreciate any prayers etc that you can offer - her father died peacefully in his sleep sometime last night.

He was a true hippy, from Haight and Ashbury literally in 1969. He enjoyed motorcycles, women, and of course dope. I can't say he was the most moral or ethical among us, but his priorities weren't completely fucked...and of course they got better with age. He was (at the time he died) a good man.

He was Catholic, so if there are any of that flavor here, presumably you know what to do.

Personally I'm going to smoke a bowl in his memory...he would appreciate that too.

Wherever you may be, Adrian, you'll be missed here.

Re: Dead Hippy

Can do. He'll be in my prayers.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Sending blessings and virtual hugs XX
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Sounds like he had one helluva life. I don't really believe in prayer, but I'll burn some incense and think of him during my loving kindness meditation tonight.
        May he rest in peace.

Comment

Thanks folks - as a Catholic he was quite open to other ideas about the afterlife, and one of his favorite hobbies involved burning...a...kind of incense...

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
            Thanks folks - as a Catholic he was quite open to other ideas about the afterlife, and one of his favorite hobbies involved burning...a...kind of incense...
            Ha :P Then I'm sure he'd be somewhat pleased.

Comment

I can attest to the hippy part. I remember her showing me a black and white pic of him and I think her mom. They looked like fucking Romanian rock stars. He looked like a pretty awesome man. I'm so sorry for the loss. :=(:

No matter how old you get, it's tough to loose a daddy.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Smokin' some of those insences right now. peace on your journey.

Comment

My deepest sympathies to GG, you, and to all her family!

May the swell of grief be tempered by love and support. ...and with lots of *hugs*

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Good night sweet prince of hipdom,know that trail well. Rest in peace brother where ever you land.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thank you all.

Comment

sorry to hear this.
                        Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Working...
                        X