This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientists Induce Lucid Dreaming With Electrical Stimulation

"The key finding is that you can, surprisingly, by scalp stimulation, influence the brain. And you can influence the brain in such a way that a sleeper, a dreamer, becomes aware that he is dreaming," says Hobson. He considers the work of most relevance to psychiatric research adding, "As a model for mental illness, understanding lucid dreaming is absolutely crucial. I would be cautious about interpreting the results as of direct relevance to the treatment of medical illnesses, but [it's] certainly a step in the direction of understanding how the brain manages to hallucinate and be deluded." The authors see potential for lucid dreaming to help people with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or otherwise prone to nightmares to get their fears under control.
    Read more at http://www.iflscience.com/brain/scie...2ZUXDLICQpp.99

Though people might find it an interesting read given so many practitioners utilize it within their own practices.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Re: Scientists Induce Lucid Dreaming With Electrical Stimulation

Wow, a shortcut. It'll be interesting to see how far this research goes . I'm all for it, as long as it can routinely be done safely.

Comment

Working...
    X