This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So zombies....

So at various times, PF members have expressed concerns about and devised plans for surviving a zombie apocalypse.

It has come to my attention that the US military has also taken the potential threat of zombies into consideration and devised preliminary scenarios to put down an uprising of the undead. For everyone's viewing pleasure, I present CONPLAN 8888

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Re: So zombies....

Yup, we have a zombie escape plan. Quite a few contingency plans as well. We've taken notes, discussed, worked out the details. I think if we're able to survive the initial...erm..spawning...we'll be ok. It's the "surprise" of the thing that seems to do most people in.

Comment

I'm chubby. I can't run.

Ergo...my plan is to become a zombie.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Our difficulty is what to do with a 4year old and a 1year old.

And that we all work at opposite ends of town. So if the shit hits the fan in the middle of the day we're totally screwed.

Comment

I live far enough north that I've got some time and a whole lot of empty space between the southern invasion and it spreading to the north that I'll have some time to prepare.

As it stands now, I've got six firearms in the house (that's a lot in Canada, don'tcha know?), two axes, a longbow, a recurve bow, several knives of various sizes (from pocket to bushknife), and a chainsaw. And if I have to, I can fashion a spear from tree branches with varying degrees of success. My house is the high point on this particular stretch of land, and I'm surrounded by lakes and forest. Once word spreads of the southern plague, that gives me just enough time to stock pile propane, fuel, and canned goods (or can my own goods), and I daresay after I boarded up the doors and windows, I could probably survive a goodly long time.

Just sayin'.

Mostly art.

Comment

FWIW, I became aware of the term "zombie apocalypse" around 2005 amongst certain civilian groups as a code phrase to describe a situation where the state turns on it's citizens.

Therefore preparing for the zombie apocalypse means coordinating resistance to martial law, FEMA camps etc.

Somewhere along the line, the popular media stumbled upon the term and took it literally. Government agencies even began running exercises along the theme (and I personally believe they knew exactly what the term means). Movies even popped up.

I am therefore not at all surprised that the army has a plan for a ZA. Civil defence, police, they all do because they know what it actually means. I even saw on exercise on TV where the police practised mowing down zombies in a town square with machine guns. In light of what the ZA really means, their actions make total sense but for the average brain dead sheep they are like: "huh? That's stupid, you can't kill a zombie with bullets you have to chop their head off..."

Comment

Did you by chance read the disclaimer at the start of the damn document before going into conspiracy mode?

Ya know the one that explains precisely why CONPLAN 8888 was created so that we don't have to theorize. I know you didn't read the rest of the document where traits are applied that make sense with zombies but explicitly defy reality with human beings.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm driving to V's, with the kids and maybe the hubby
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I myself am boarding the "Commander Keen" space ship...If you wonder what or who "Commander Keen" is do a google search....That is all....

Or see here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	k4.gif
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	352362
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    I'm driving to V's, with the kids and maybe the hubby
                    More the merrier, we'll have to spread the seed of humanity after it's all over anyhow

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      More the merrier, we'll have to spread the seed of humanity after it's all over anyhow
                      I like where this is going.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Scotty's gonna beam me up just in time to save me.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Ima gonna eat ALL THE BABEEEEEEEEEEEES
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I can't read the article, but I am infinitely better off for the ZA now that I DONT work in an inner city hospital. Then I'd just have been killed pretty quick.
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'll do what all good zombies do. I'll bury my zombie stash and apply human make-up at the first sign of the zombie hit squad coming my way.
                              Then once they leave, I'll dig up my stash and carry on.

Comment

Working...
                              X