This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dried funeral rose

well the uses for roses in general, what are they? and does this rose coming from a funeral of a past patient add any magickal uses?

Re: Dried funeral rose

All thing stated below come from my personal experience with magic and my own beliefs, use the information as you see fit.

Objects used in magic, such as herbs, incenses, wands, athames, candles and others, are what I call 'amplifiers'. These amplifiers allow us to concentrate better in a certain idea or mindset, which in turn will help us achieve greater effect in our workings. But how do they work? In my experience, and observing fellow magic practitioners, as well as my two disciples, I have learned that all magic comes from inside us. Objects, plants or whatever, don't have a conscious mind, or a will, therefore unable to wield other than static energy. Then how do they amplify our powers? By symbolism. Symbolism works because it gives shape and colors to an abstract idea, or will. Thoughts are abstract, and so do some magical workings, but when the goal of the spell is something more concise and physical (healing, money...), you have to shape this abstract idea into a physical form. Symbols, usually physical, but not always, help the magician/caster/Gandalf focus his energy in a more concise way, in order to obtain a concise result. Some herbs might symbolize healing because they have physical healing properties. Some minerals such as Quartz may symbolize health and balance for some, because our ancestors told us so, and ingrained their symbolism into our way of thinking. The world is full of such symbols. There are potentially good symbols as they are symbols that kind of need to go away. Racism is a symbolism issue. The white racist sees the black man as a symbol of inferiority, danger, a thief, etc. The black racist sees the white man as a symbol of cruelty, bigotry, and sometimes even pure evil. Symbols are everywhere, they take many forms. Sometimes symbols are more abstract, and they're usually so when the working needs of a more abstract way of thinking. Such as symbols that represent Gods (sigils, seals, the cross, the moon thingy from Wicca, I don't know, there are too many rofl) are abstract, as they represent a being that is present in a more abstract world than ours. Of course, abstract and concrete are subjective terms, and are subject to the user's view of them.

After having all of this in mind, the rose which was given to someone who died could symbol many things. It could symbol an omen of death, so it could be used in divination, knowing who's death is next, if you believe in destiny. It could be a symbol of life after death, as the rose, even though dried, retains some of it's colors and life essence. It could be a symbol plain death. It could be a symbol of how that patient wanted chocolates instead of flowers, I don't know.

It all depends on what it symbolizes for you.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Roses in general...

Otherwise, I mostly agree with Sean
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaidynfaith View Post
        well the uses for roses in general, what are they? and does this rose coming from a funeral of a past patient add any magickal uses?
        I used some of the roses from my grandmothers funeral in rose water, along with fresh ones. It was used as an offering on my ancestor altar.

Comment

Working...
        X