This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating classic naked ladies

I wasn't too sure where to put this, since it's both funny and meaningful...

I finally decided to focus on the funny, friends:

(Ooops -prolly NSFW)

Famous Nude Paintings Get Photoshopped To Fit Today's Beauty Standards
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Updating classic naked ladies

Oddly the standards look nothing like the reality. The unshooped ones are closer to what we look like now!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Oddly the standards look nothing like the reality. The unshooped ones are closer to what we look like now!
      Exactly the point

The originals are so much more attractive. The "revised" versions look like very ill mutants.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I agree with the point of the project, but I feel that it would have been more effective if it had explored more body image issues perpetuated by the media than curvy vs. thin. Thin women can have loads of body image issues as well. We don't have perfect complexions, our boobs tend to be smaller, etc. There are plenty of Japanese paintings that depict thin women as beautiful, it would've been cool if they'd shown how ridiculous they would look with disproportionate breasts or butts.
        Still an interesting project, though.

Comment

Did you say "boobes"?

All of them are beautiful. It's the media that tells you "these are nice, but these are lacking."

Comment

Working...
          X