Blessings and Cleansings single objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blessings and Cleansings single objects

How would you go about blessing or cleansing a single object like a knife or a new grimoire?

Re: Blessings and Cleansings single objects

people are usually recommending salt, but i wouldn't use it as cleansing and blessing on knives or any other iron or metal object. When i cleansed my ritual knife (i did it during full moon ritual) i pulled it trough incense smoke - and left it outside for the night, so it can absorb energy from moonlight, earth and water. (from morning dew)
    After that knife was ready for use and i have kept it in special place where i keep all my blessed tools, do they won't be contaminated by common things you use every day.

And sorry about typos - there is propably plenty - but english is not my native language
    Pray the Gods - Fine - But keep rowing to shore.

Comment

You use a symbol that you associate with cleanliness. What do you think of when you consider the qualities of cleanliness, blessedness, restoration, and other related concepts? Is it the smell of jasmine, clear water, the color indigo, a flame, a crystal, or what? Create a cleansing process around that symbology, and it will be best adapted to you and your particular energy.
      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

I did a post on a similar topic on my video channel here: http://youtu.be/XIyQ8fE7iHM
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          I did a post on a similar topic on my video channel
          Came here looking for similar ideas and now I've watched half of the stuff you've posted. Very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by mahgdelain View Post
            Came here looking for similar ideas and now I've watched half of the stuff you've posted. Very helpful!
            Aw! Thank you! Glad you found it helpful!

Comment

Love your videos too, Tylluan. Especially like the talk about nettles and about the color red. Made me feel like I was sitting right there chatting with you. We have nettles that grow up all around the edge of the yard in patches if I would let them, in the past I have always gotten rid of them, but now I am wondering if it would be good to leave them for protection. They blend in and dont' look out of place so it wouldn't look untidy.
              I have read some interesting things about the color red and your video really added to that, thanks. I am so enjoying this journey and walking down this path.

Comment

Originally posted by shebani View Post
                Love your videos too, Tylluan. Especially like the talk about nettles and about the color red. Made me feel like I was sitting right there chatting with you. We have nettles that grow up all around the edge of the yard in patches if I would let them, in the past I have always gotten rid of them, but now I am wondering if it would be good to leave them for protection. They blend in and dont' look out of place so it wouldn't look untidy.
                I have read some interesting things about the color red and your video really added to that, thanks. I am so enjoying this journey and walking down this path.
                Glad you enjoyed the videos! In Wales (which is where I come from and where I have always lived,) it was traditional at one time to leave part of the garden wild (with nettles!) 'for the devil.' I suspect however that it was more likely a traditional offering for the older, pagan deities.

Comment

Great video! I can't wait to go back and subscribe and watch the others. I've never heard about the Rowan berry correspondence before; I have a friend who will love it!
                  OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
                  The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
                  Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouranos Ouroboros View Post
                    Great video! I can't wait to go back and subscribe and watch the others. I've never heard about the Rowan berry correspondence before; I have a friend who will love it!
                    Thank you! I've set up some playlists now as well, so that similar topics are all grouped together.

Comment

To cleanse an article of clothing, what would be the best method?

Comment

Originally posted by Asatru View Post
                        To cleanse an article of clothing, what would be the best method?
                        If it's brand new, I'd wash it in a washing machine first, or by hand if you do it that way. You never know who has been trying on the article before you in a store. I have a cleansing spray I use: white vinegar, sea salt, and lemon juice mixed into filtered water in a spray bottled (just a cheap one like you'd spray plants with). I'd spray the piece of clothing with that. Note that it will make said article smell like vinegar.
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Does that cleansing spray remove negative energy?

Comment

It has for me. Whether or not it works for you personally, I couldn't say.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Thanks for your replies. In both threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X