This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Aphrodite

Ok, I am very new to this. I've always been intrigued by Aphrodite, and the wisdom I believe she holds about love. I hold deep respect for what she can teach us all about the higher aspects of love, not just the "lower instincts" of lust, jealousy, etc. Recently, I, a person who has never really opened myself to accepting the possibility of love (in the sense of soul mates, etc), have found myself loving someone more than I ever thought possible. The only problem--this person does not know, and there are obstacles to this relationship. So the other day, I did what I've seen suggested here on this forum and other places, I just called on Aphrodite, kind of introduced myself, and asked her to help me with this. Of course, I asked her to help with the other person's feelings, but more than that, I asked for true, selfless love to be shown by me, and for her wisdom and guidance in learning to maneuver in this relationship.

I think I am receiving messages, actually. When I will think about the person I care for, sometimes thoughts now appear in my mind that remind me that love requires courage, and endurance, and that ultimately I will find what I am seeking. The other night, in fact, I received a minor reassurance within five minutes of calling on the goddess: I had feared a disagreement had caused a distance. But I was wrong. Since then, I've been receiving messages to stick it out, love requires hanging in when things aren't always warm and fuzzy.

So, for those of you who have been about this longer than I, how do I properly honor Aphrodite? I haven't set up an altar yet, not sure what I want to get for her. I'm trying to learn to be sensitive to things, but this is all new. Any suggestions, thoughts, and/or advice? I appreciate it, and thank you.

Re: Advice on Aphrodite

Sounds like she a good one for you to be working with right now. As for honoring her, what I have been told (and am working on for Gaia and Ouranos) is that a little shrine or alter is a good start. Personally, I have a small living space and am doing a sort of shrine. To find what she may want to be offered, you will need to do some research on her and her personality. If you're still not sure, ask her. She is giving you great advice though so you should honor her before she runs off. Not that she will...
    That's all I've got really. I'm new to this also.

Comment

offerings of flowers, olive oil, alcohol, things like that are usually good ways to honour a Greek Goddess or God. lighting incense, candles in pinks and reds, and saying a few words of thanks are generally good ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnFox View Post
        Sounds like she a good one for you to be working with right now. As for honoring her, what I have been told (and am working on for Gaia and Ouranos) is that a little shrine or alter is a good start. Personally, I have a small living space and am doing a sort of shrine. To find what she may want to be offered, you will need to do some research on her and her personality. If you're still not sure, ask her. She is giving you great advice though so you should honor her before she runs off. Not that she will...
        That's all I've got really. I'm new to this also.
        Thank you for the suggestions. I have already gotten some flowers for her twice and thanked her profusely for what she has already been doing. I am consciously reminding myself at this point to let her lead, let her work on helping me with this. And I am so grateful to her already for how she has accepted my fumbling attempts to learn to be sensitive to her voice. But she has not made it hard to hear her…at all. And for that, I am deeply touched and thankful. I talk to her throughout the day. And I believe she is listening. I do plan to learn and study her character more in the very near future. And honor her daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by owlsandtigers View Post
        offerings of flowers, olive oil, alcohol, things like that are usually good ways to honour a Greek Goddess or God. lighting incense, candles in pinks and reds, and saying a few words of thanks are generally good ways to go.
        I want to find the perfect items, I am thinking something related to the sea right now, for her. I will not select them till I get the sense that they are what she wants. I'm asking.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X