The Big Pentagram thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Big Pentagram thread

In some very old english churches you will actually see pentagrams...though they were often carved into wooden pews not sure why or what the connection is.. but certainly intriguing...

And in other news I'm actually off to try and find a plain silver pentagram ring today, ideally something a bit crude and home made looking... (ring) fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Pulse View Post
      In some very old english churches you will actually see pentagrams...though they were often carved into wooden pews not sure why or what the connection is.. but certainly intriguing...

And in other news I'm actually off to try and find a plain silver pentagram ring today, ideally something a bit crude and home made looking... (ring) fingers crossed
      A couple centuries before pop culture decided that pentagram always = witchcraft, it was a Christian symbol.

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That is the thing about symbols...Swastika is/was from Buddhism.

Not to break the thread,but it sucks that it was messed with by another group.

http://www.porchlight.ca/~blackdog/swastika.htm
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm a Wiccan who wears a Pentagram as a symbol for the elements and it represents peace and balance for me. It was a Christian symbol as well very long ago that was supposed to represent the wounds of Christ. However, most Christians now see it as a 'demonic' symbol.
          A Happy Little Wiccan:^^:

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Because who needs a life when you have a chatroom.

Comment

In my experience - I'm Wicca with extremely Christian family - wearing a pentagram or being pagan in any way is like devil worship to most christian peoples. That was part of the reason I didn't fully realize that I was Wiccan until I was 21. If this is more for concern for your friends, I would suggest talking to them about it before donning it just to be sure they aren't going to be offended. At the same time, it really shouldn't matter that you wear a pentagram whether as protection or as spiritual pendant. If they can't handle you the way you are and chose to judge you for something like a pentagram, they might not be worth having around.
            (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Working...
            X