Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Users of crystals

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
    When I was out with my gf last friday I actually had a different experience with a chunk of rought rose quartz. Instead of the heavy achey feeling I had a warm fuzzy feeling in my hand lol.
    Cool. Happy for you.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Crystal energy, and my experiences with it, is one of the many reasons I've begun my journey down the path. For me, crystals not only have energy but emotional connection. It comes back to the theory and the practice the user believes in. Whatever emotion you're feeling at any given time can be calmed or settled or relieved by certain crystals. For example, if you're feeling anxious then lepidolite or amazonite would suit you best.
      (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
        For those that use gemstones and crystals...when you do use them...do you experience anything in particular or is much like moving around rocks or something?
        I mostly use quartz as it's the most readily available in nature and in the stores and because of its very adaptable nature when it comes to magick; I find it can be used for just about anything without having to worry about it's predisposition as much as with most other crystal types. It can, as others have mentioned, come already filled with either local energy from its source or even charged and programed by another entity, but it can also come empty of energies. Some have called this empty state as 'dead', but in my experience, even 'dead' crystal can be 'awakened' again, so I don't like to use that word, though I can see how it applies.

Crystals can do two main things in my experience: Amplifying magick energy and/or storing magick energy. I've noticed, especially with quartz, that magick energy seems to resonate very well with crystals. Anything can be used to store magick energy or to amplify a spell, but crystals seem to have a special affinity for this, especially when it comes to more long term storage.

To get back to the original question, what I feel when I'm holding a crystal ranges from individual crystal to individual crystal. For instance, I have one piece of quartz that I found in a small bit of forest once that feels very powerful to me; it thrums in my hand. I probably would consider that crystal to be the most powerful of all the crystals I own. It was a gift, I think, from the spirits of that place, at least, that's impression that I got when I found it. That small mini forest has since been bull dozed down for development into a shopping center and apartments.

I also have a fairly big piece of smoky quartz (about the size of my fist) that I bought from a new age type store that came to me as feeling empty or dead (It was such an impressive size and within my price range that I just couldn't resist buying it ). I've since used it regularly on both my permanent altar and my working altar. I've also meditated with and filled it with my personal energy and now it feels 'awake' to me and very powerful. When I hold it in my hands I can feel it connecting with me, tapping into my personal energy. It still thrums like the mini forest crystal, but it feels more personal than that one does. The forest one feels like outside energy while this one feels like my energy.

Some of my crystals I'll program to a single purpose, but the smoky quartz I use as a general purpose magick amplifier.

I suppose different types of thrumming (speed, intensity and temperature), like an electrical circuit passing through your hands, is the most regular sensation I feel when holding crystals.

Comment

I also use crystals and rocks, I feel the differences
          between the stones. I meditate with them, not deep
          cause hubby may need me and I don't want to get
          jolted out of meditation.
          I really want to learn about crystal grids, I think
          they can help me better ? When I find info I'll
          share !
          Gentle Rainbow Light
          MsMollimizz

Comment