X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housewives Tarot

Hello,

I have recently gotten interested in learning to read Tarot cards, so I have been searching for different decks online.

One that I like the most is the Housewives Tarot, which I know is fluffy and silly, but I like the imagery better than say, the standard RW deck.

I was wondering if anyone has used this deck, and if its beginner friendly or not.

Thanks so much!

Re: Housewives Tarot

Any deck is 'beginner' friendly. You don't need a specific deck of cards starting out, just like as an experienced tarot reader, you don't need a specific deck of cards. We all find cards that call to us, and those become our go-to deck. Sometimes, you even outgrow decks and move on to new ones.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Other than what V said, this is actually one of my favorite decks (top 5)....I love retro (almost as much as steampunk), and its spot on for imagery.
        “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
        ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
        ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I got that deck a couple of years ago, after I saw Thal's...

I find that it's my favorite deck to use when I have personal stuff crop up from the way I was raised (in a culture still very stuck in the 50's). It infuses humor into things that I'm stressing about, and helps keep some perspective. If I want something more serious, or dealing with more universal cultural archetypes, etc, I like using a different deck. I don't like using it to read for other people, either, interestingly enough.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I love this deck. It's snarky and chatty, and extremely clever. Good choice

Comment

I didn't know I needed this so badly.

Comment

Some of us have obsessions with decks and have to be physically restrained from buying all of them. Sometimes we just stick to a few, or one, we like. If you like the deck then go for it. You can learn tarot on any deck, it might as well be one that you think looks nice or that you otherwise enjoy.
                “They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.”
                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Working...
                X