This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilty Pleasures

What are your secret or not so secret "guilty pleasures" in entertainment?

Hopefully we can share them in this thread without fear of ridicule. At least I'd mightily appreciate it Don't feel you need to justify your answer, though feel free in saying why you enjoy it.

I will start.

WWE Wrestling

I am fully aware that the bouts are staged and that things are broadly scripted. I guess I am a bread and circuses sort of gal at times, though. Without all the killing

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Trashy dramas and really bad creature horror flicks.

Comment

The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I guess it's because I'm from there.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I don't really watch television (as I don't own one), but I used to have a horrible thing for the L-Word. I could watch sexy lesbians enact their false lives all day long.

Mostly art.

Comment

Ke$ha. Nuff said.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

On the music front, I really, really like the song "Moves like Jagger" by Maroon 5. Even though I hate that kind of music.

Mostly art.

Comment

Let's see

The old WCW/WWF wrestling programming from when I was a kid (thank you internet)
              Black and white B-movies
              the band Malice Mizer
              the show Mountain Monsters

Those are just some from off the top of my head.

Comment

B grade horror flicks, especially if it's a creature horror or supernatural horror. (I like A grade ones too, but lets face it... there's not that much A grade horror out there lol)

Comment

Oh ... just thought of another one ...

Cheap trashy romance novels

Comment

The Workaholics series...ridiculous, crude and completely non-intelligent humour.
                    And Lost Girl. Cheesy supernatural fantasy about a succubus who has to have sex to feed. I love it shamelessly.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'll second WEE and also Secret Life
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I love watching judge shows like Judge Judy and The People's Court. I also love watching Dr. Phil. Besides that I love watching scary movies like the Saw series (which is never old). The only thing which is bad is that my mother dislikes scary movies.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          I love watching judge shows like Judge Judy and The People's Court. I also love watching Dr. Phil. Besides that I love watching scary movies like the Saw series (which is never old). The only thing which is bad is that my mother dislikes scary movies.
                          Ditto on Dr. Phil. I know it's trashy pop psychology I just... I like it, okay?! I also really like to pig out on junk food and watch "so bad it's good" videos on the internet.

Comment

"Snog, Marry, Avoid" and "Bogan Hunters" lol

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                              Ditto on Dr. Phil. I know it's trashy pop psychology I just... I like it, okay?! I also really like to pig out on junk food and watch "so bad it's good" videos on the internet.
                              I know. Dr. Phil never gets old. I just can't stop watching it.
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                              X