Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groups that give your religion a bad name.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groups that give your religion a bad name.

Are there any that give you a bad name? What are some groups that make you angry or embarrass you?

Re: Groups that give your religion a bad name.

Joy of Satan

Because no, I do not worship Spiritual Creator-Protector Genetic-Engineering Aliens. And I'm not cool with having a picture of Hitler on my altar.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Every friggin' knuckle dragging group of skinheads that use norse symbols.
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I have heard that skinheads will have some Norse symbols or tattoos or use Heathenry as an excuse to promote white supremacy. It's actually really amazing how many groups give religions a bad name.

Comment

Well, it sometimes makes me feel uncertain when I see a Kemetic symbol in a not suitable place. But 1 thing makes me feel angry, is non-respectful treating to any faith.
          Embarassed? No... I don't know if there is something that makes me feel embarrassed.

In every population group there are good and bad people (except PF - here there are only good). It's a fact. But almost always it hurts to see people that share something big in common with you that act negatively or inappropriately.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Well, it sometimes makes me feel uncertain when I see a Kemetic symbol in a not suitable place. But 1 thing makes me feel angry, is non-respectful treating to any faith.
            Embarassed? No... I don't know if there is something that makes me feel embarrassed.

In every population group there are good and bad people (except PF - here there are only good). It's a fact. But almost always it hurts to see people that share something big in common with you that act negatively or inappropriately.
            I try to respect all faiths as well. But there are always as you said, good and bad people, and definitely in religious groups. Some Heathens I know have used there faith as an excuse to promote white supremacy or the Islamic radicals that threatened others. There are Abrahamic, Dharmic, Oriental and even some Pagan groups that have it's bad apples.

When people see these bad apples, especially if the bad person uses their religion as justification for what they do, people will sometimes assume the religion they follow is evil when it isn't true.

Comment

Exactly, the idiots scream the loudest, which makes the rest of the good guys look bad. Age old problem.
              White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
              sigpic
              In Days of yore,
              From Britain's shore
              Wolfe the dauntless hero came
              And planted firm Britannia's flag
              On Canada's fair domain.
              Here may it wave,
              Our boast, our pride
              And joined in love together,
              The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
              The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Joy of Satan cause I don't believe in alien overlord and I'm not a fan of Hitler . Also the odinists who are white supremeisit both aggravate me . Joy of Satan has to be the worst example of theistic satanism I hate it with passion
                Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                  In every population group there are good and bad people (except PF - here there are only good).
                  Are you sure about that, Gleb? Medusa and Masked One are part of the forum after all!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                    Are you sure about that, Gleb? Medusa and Masked One are part of the forum after all!
                    I'm not entirely sure how to take this statement. We should discuss your insights into the forum in length. Over dinner, perhaps? :cthulhu:
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
                      Are there any that give you a bad name?
                      In all seriousness, I rather think that I give others a bad name. Of the practices I do and the things I believe in, I don't fit-in with a great many of the 'tags' available for my path. And, frankly, Eclectic is a non-answer, when it comes to defining or actually naming one's path. I'm a horrible Asatruar or Odinist; I totally suck at adhering to North American aboriginal traditions; I'm inconsistent as hell in terms of practicing witchcraft -- I just do not and cannot, conscionably, lay claim to any of the religious paths I have borrowed/stolen from. I've bastardized, manipulated and restructured long-held understandings, lore and actual dogma, far too much for ANY that are truly believers in those paths.

I'm the insult. I'm not trying to impress anyone with my beliefs. I'm just trying to make sense of the life I live and of the world I live in.

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
                      What are some groups that make you angry or embarrass you?
                      Now, there, that is something I find myself losing patience over. Not the embarrass bit, (I don't really GET embarrassed) but groups that make me angry? Oh, hell yeah. Many have already been mentioned by others, thus far, here. White supremacists (in fact ANY racist group), angsty delinquents (faux Satanists), Neo-McCarthy-style fascists, "moral majority" halfwits, arrogant and elitist propagandists. Just to name a small few.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                        Well, MaskedOne is angry only when people make him angry. And when MaskedOne is angry it is not good
                        But I think that both MaskedOne and Medusa are just special in their own way!

Like hey! Just like MO is obsessed with pizza, I am obsessed with cats. Does this count?
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm eeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilcoughcoughcoug hohhlookwolverineeeeee!
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yeah basically the media I general and Christians :/ yeah they definitely do

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              angsty delinquents (faux Satanists)
                              I make you angry?

Comment

Working...
                              X