This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should I move?

When my VA disability kicks in Ill have a monthly livable income and am ready to go somewhere new. I want to go to school and be close to a VA.I want seasons to. Where should I go?

Re: Where should I move?

The hubby and i live in Norfolk. there is a VA hosp here in hampton, plenty of gov't job (va disability = 10 point preference), apprentice ships thru the shipyards (tcc is the local ccommunity college those are thru) and while virginia is crappily a right to fire state, they also give some benefits to companies that hire vets. cost of living is reasonable, thoug housing is a bit expensive, depending on where you go and what you are used to. we are about 2 hours or less from everything from monticello and winter skiing to beach camping and the nearest metro station for DC. schools arent terrible, depending on where you live.

traffic though, sucks and the state legislature is a bunch of morons. PETA and Pat Roberson have their headquarters here...which is very contradictory and amusing. there's a fairly sizable pagan community.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X