Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non wiccan sources

Allo!

I am looking for some non wiccan sources relating to practices and witchcraft within the pagan scope. Anyone able to help out?
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Re: Non wiccan sources

I might be able to.
    Wicca derives its name from the Saxons and it basically means witch, who had their fair share of female magic and shamanism practicers and masters. In fact most were women. Although please note that new-age wicca has nothing in common with the indigenous practices of those Saxon women. Just the name.
    I believe if you want to discover a true and ancient form of "witchcraft" I suggest you research into Seiğr the Völva , if anything just to expand your knowledge on Paganism.
    It is Germanic, and was practiced by all Germanic people including the Saxons and likely is similar to what the original Wicca practiced in pre-christian Europe.
    But just remember, modern Wicca has little to nothing in common with these ancient ways. Seiğr is a mysterious path and an ancient one, not to be taken lightly or because someone wants to pretend they are "a witch" in fact if you research into it you will learn that indeed these paths of "witchcraft" are actually forms of Shamanism.

Comment

This thread has a lot of books you can look into. http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...ight=book+list
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Make sure you have to read those books where some ones are good and some are not.
        Amarres de Amor

Comment

I would also recommend reading the threads here on this thread, such as ask a druid and so forth.
          “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
          X