X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Hello!!

Please allow me to reintroduce myself, as I haven't been on here in over a thousand days according to my password reset haha, and a lot has changed!!

I am Amelia-Mary, a Celtic Pagan. I am 18, and have been a Pagan for around 5-6 years. I practiced a lot with crystals and healing, but during the last 2 years of college I have sort of 'accidentally' pushed all that to the back whilst my exams were going on, so I am very much out of practice. So now all that is finished, and before university starts, I am going to relearn everything, and hopefully get good again. I have over 180 crystals, however, I can no longer identify all of the crystals I own, which I used to be able to do, so this will probably be in another thread.

So about me as a person, I have recently (well, a year ago) been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is sort of like an arthritis of the spine, where in joints in my spine and other peripheral joints are subject to inflammation, which eventually causes them to fuse. My right SI joint has already fused and the left one is on its way. I also have fibromyalgia, and SLE Lupus, which means my immune system recognizes its host cells as foreign and attacks them- my body is basically attacking itself. So a lot of the time I remain in bed, and walking far is out of the question, so I'll be spending lots more time here.

Since last being here, I've come out as a lesbian and in January I got engaged to a very beautiful woman, whom I love very dearly. I've also come to realise that I am genderqueer. I identify outside outside of the gender binary as not female and not male. In a way, I'm both and neither at the same time, which can be confusing. But I've still kept my long hair, which is so long I keep accidentally tucking into my trousers.

I now also have 13 piercings, and 5 tattoos, so I look great haha!!

I realise this is a lot to read, so if you want to know anything, just ask!!

Amelia-Mary <3
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Re: Allow me to reintroduce myself

Hi Amelia-Vary! Welcome back to the forum! Pleased to meet you!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Welcome back Where abouts in England are you from?
      Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Quetzal, I'm from Cornwall

Comment

Welcome back!
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello - yes I remember you! How is Cornwall these days?
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Halloo!

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                Hello - yes I remember you! How is Cornwall these days?
                Wet!! Except the last few days have been uncharacteristically sunny O_O

Comment

It's nice to see you again! seems like you've been busy while you were gone. So happy to have you back ^^
                  Circe

Comment

I wasn't here last time you were so hello to you .

As another lesbian who also has arthritis, though this of the "ordinary" variety, I extent a mixture of congratulations (on the engagement) and sympathies (on the chronic illnesses). If you ever need to grouch to someone about being a Spoonie in general, or arthritic illnesses more specifically, feel free to drop me a PM. I'm always willing to lend a sympathetic ear.
                    N.B. This goes for any other Spoonie on this forum who reads this too.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                        Wet!! Except the last few days have been uncharacteristically sunny O_O
                        Sounds like Wales then!
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Welcome back to the forum!
                          I wasn't here when you were last here, so its very nice to meet you. :3

Comment

-waves to everyone-

MoonRaven, same goes to you (((hugs))) Life's not easy when you're queasy

Comment

Nice to see you back again, and all in one piece... I hope...
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X