This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frightening entity

When I was 18 I had one of the most frightening experiences in my life. I've always had the feeling that I was being protected by something or someone, like aguardian angel. When we moved to another house in another village after my parents divorced I had the feeling that I wasn't being protected as strong as before. There was always a negative energy present in that house. I believe that was because of the problems me and my family faced at that time. Sometimes unexplainable events occurred like cold spots in a corner of the living room, lights going on and off and one day a battery that was on my desk flew across my room as if it was thrown.

One night when I was asleep I had a nightmare. I remember someone calling my name very loud and in panic. I woke up instantly and felt startled. Then I noticed there was something else in my room, although nobody else was there but me. At the other end of my room I felt a very negative and aggressive energy. Although there was nothing to see, I somehow knew it was looking at me. It felt as if it was going to attack me. Then it started moving towards me. I didn't panic. Instead I felt a powerful energy inside me, stepped out of bed and started shouting to the entity. I commanded it to stop and get out of the house. Whatever was there stopped moving and then disappeared. I don't know what this was, if my mind was playing tricks on me or this was some kind of demon. Since that night I felt stronger than before and whenever I get scared I only need to whisper for my 'guardian angel' and I feel save again.

Any thoughts about this event? What could it have been?

Re: Frightening entity

I will start by saying that everything is possible. Perhaps it was a demon, perhaps a deity...
    It will significantly help if you share a bit your beliefs with us. What do you believe in, your experiences, etc' - these things are really important.
    Also, did you have an interaction with something unusual? For instance spirits.

The only thing that comes to my mind right now is a spirit.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

At that time (it's been 8 years ago) I was practicing witchcraft. I didn't have a specific deity. In rituals I usually called upon the Goddess and God in general. I do remember reading a book about celtic myths back then, but I didn't use the names of those Gods in my rituals. I did and still do believe there are spirits present, maybe in another realm. Other than welcoming spirits during Samhain, I never invoked spirits. I don't mind them being around as long as they don't scare me.

Before this I never had any experiences with spirits or other entities. A friend, who has psychic abillities, once told me there was a friendly, male spirit following me. She couldn't give me more information (just his appearance), because the spirit didn't want to interact with her. I can't see him like she did, so I don't know if he is still around, but it could explain the protective feeling I always have.

After two years we moved to another house and since then I haven't encountered any paranormal activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
        When I was 18 I had one of the most frightening experiences in my life. I've always had the feeling that I was being protected by something or someone, like aguardian angel. When we moved to another house in another village after my parents divorced I had the feeling that I wasn't being protected as strong as before. There was always a negative energy present in that house. I believe that was because of the problems me and my family faced at that time. Sometimes unexplainable events occurred like cold spots in a corner of the living room, lights going on and off and one day a battery that was on my desk flew across my room as if it was thrown.

One night when I was asleep I had a nightmare. I remember someone calling my name very loud and in panic. I woke up instantly and felt startled. Then I noticed there was something else in my room, although nobody else was there but me. At the other end of my room I felt a very negative and aggressive energy. Although there was nothing to see, I somehow knew it was looking at me. It felt as if it was going to attack me. Then it started moving towards me. I didn't panic. Instead I felt a powerful energy inside me, stepped out of bed and started shouting to the entity. I commanded it to stop and get out of the house. Whatever was there stopped moving and then disappeared. I don't know what this was, if my mind was playing tricks on me or this was some kind of demon. Since that night I felt stronger than before and whenever I get scared I only need to whisper for my 'guardian angel' and I feel save again.

Any thoughts about this event? What could it have been?
        I had an experience too and it may not have been as bad as yours but I was glad I was protected. Last winter as I woke up in the middle of the night, I noticed a presence was in the room watching me and waiting for me to go back to sleep. I couldn't exactly tell to go way as there were other people in the house sleeping so I prayed to my goddess Bridet for protection. After I went back to sleep I had a dream that something grabbed and pinned me down. As soon as it grabbed me a flash of light came over the area for a second and suddenly I was loose from its grasps and woke up after that. I then noticed that the presence was gone and I knew that my goddess protected me. In my experience I can say it was a spirit that I had an interaction with despite being bad.

Comment

I am not sure about it, to be honest. It can really be a spirit. Try to do some research about it.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I just read something about people attracting the same energy as they reproduce. Say, when you think all people are annoying, you may attract a lot of annoying people and the same goes for positive thoughts/emotions. At that time I was very insecure because of issues that I had to face. I often had negative thoughts about myself and other people. Maybe that's why I attracted that negative energy around me, whatever it was.

I never really had the chance to talk about this. My parents didn't want to know anything about it and my friends back then called me all sort of things, including psychotic and schizofrenic. As I was reading other threads on this forum I noticed more people have had paranormal experiences. I may not fully understand what happened that night, but at least it feels good to know it's not uncommon. And I'm not crazy :P

Comment

I agree with Gleb - anything is possible. I have my own personal doubts when it comes to describing malevolent entities as "demons", but that's another matter.

I don't fully agree with like attracting like always. I have seen good, positive people attract some horrific things and vice versa. I think that sometimes, if what people are experiencing even really *are* entities at all and not some projection of their own (subconscious) making, these things happen and there isn't always a "reason".

You certainly seemed to summon a great amount of personal power to stand against "it" - and that is perhaps the most effective means of expelling such energies. Too many people let the fear seep in and ultimately undermine their attempts to rid themselves of the energy.

Comment

Working...
              X