This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still searching for my path

I guess i consider myself a traditional witch although male i find the term warlock or wizard sound stupid to me for lack of a better way to describe it not saying they are actually stupid i just prefer the term witch i guess. i have been reading many articles web pages and have purchased a few books and i am trying to find where the gods need me. although i am not draw to a set of gods in paticular. i guess im not sure which ones to "pray" to i guess. and it is hard to filter between what is fact or actualy tradition passed down and what is works of fiction. i would like some guidenance in this matter from people who have been practicing far longer then i have been. i have learned from mistakes in the past not to dabble and i will not make that mistake again. so if anyone reads this i would like some guidenance if only a point in the right direction.

Thank you

and have a blessed day

Re: Still searching for my path

Originally posted by Havicbliss View Post
    I guess i consider myself a traditional witch although male i find the term warlock or wizard sound stupid to me for lack of a better way to describe it not saying they are actually stupid i just prefer the term witch i guess. i have been reading many articles web pages and have purchased a few books and i am trying to find where the gods need me. although i am not draw to a set of gods in paticular. i guess im not sure which ones to "pray" to i guess. and it is hard to filter between what is fact or actualy tradition passed down and what is works of fiction. i would like some guidenance in this matter from people who have been practicing far longer then i have been. i have learned from mistakes in the past not to dabble and i will not make that mistake again. so if anyone reads this i would like some guidenance if only a point in the right direction.

Thank you

and have a blessed day
    im also still searching for my path and im interested in ecletic wicca and herbalism. i have the same problem as yours.. for the name part.. i guess its alright if you consider yourself as witch, i think "witch" has no gender .

Comment

Regarding gods and goddesses, it may take a while for you to find one to pray to. It took me a long time for Lord Anubis to come to me. Sometimes they pick you, not the other way around. I still haven't found the right goddess for myself or she hasn't found me. It also takes a while to find the right path. I went from Celtic all the way to being Egyptian/Kemetic. So you may change during the way or you may not. I also know a lot of men who do use the word witch to describe themselves. I really haven't heard wizard or warlock as a term in wicca. Hope I helped.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

There are books about the history of pagan tradition. Try reading through some of those. It's very interesting to read about our ancestors and their traditions and believes. The word 'witch' can refer both to male and female witches.
        As for the deities, it doesn't matter if you're not sure which ones to pray to. I always see religion as a journey on which you discover your own ways of practicing your believes. I stick to the Norse gods and goddesses, but sometimes I turn to the Celtic deities. They both feel right for me.

Comment

pagan, paganspath, path, springwolf, spring wolf, altar, books, candles, divination, decor, incense, music, tools, gifts, metaphysics, magik, magick, wicca, wiccan, witchcraft, celtic, book of shadows, spells, meditation, tarot, iching, runes, pentagram, pendulim, new age, native american, tibetean, orient, reiki, healing, aroma therapy, massage therapy, alternative healing, herbs, norse, egyptian, divination, psychic, readings

this website might help you it has helped me that is for sure and although it leans toward the celtic traditions it also explains the others well some of them. i would also just go explore the forum, read anything that sounds interesting.

as for books i prefer Scott cunningham. his books are simple to read and have indexes in the back so you dont have to reread the book if you only need something like "oh which direction was earth again?" there is also a book called the witch encylepedia its black with orange sigils on the front it tells both truths and fictions and will differentiate between the two.

well i hope those sources help

as for calling yourself a witch, in paganism everyone choses their own path and i know several male witches so dont worry about it i find warlock and wizard funny terms too

May the force be with you

Comment

Last time I paid much attention to Wicca (can't speak much about other circles commonly using the term witch), warlock was definitively not the preferred term for a male witch and wizard was typically used for other purposes so you have a lot of company in not caring to adopt the title of warlock.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

thank you all for sharing with me sites that i can read more about paganism. and i have two of scott cunninghams book wicca for the solitary practionaneer and advance wicca by him. i also have complete book on withcraft by buckland and how to communicate with spirits by him as well. i have also just recently bought scott cunninghams book on herbalism. and lately i have been reading all i can and i agree i believe the gods or goddesses will choose me and let me know when they feel its right. i also read alot of allistar corwley's works and books from his library. but sometimes flesh and blood are the best teachers.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you all for sharing with me sites that i can read more about paganism. and i have two of scott cunninghams book wicca for the solitary practionaneer and advance wicca by him. i also have complete book on withcraft by buckland and how to communicate with spirits by him as well. i have also just recently bought scott cunninghams book on herbalism. and lately i have been reading all i can and i agree i believe the gods or goddesses will choose me and let me know when they feel its right. i also read alot of allistar corwley's works and books from his library. but sometimes flesh and blood are the best teachers.

Comment

Originally posted by jaidynfaith View Post

this website might help you it has helped me that is for sure and although it leans toward the celtic traditions it also explains the others well some of them. i would also just go explore the forum, read anything that sounds interesting.

as for books i prefer Scott cunningham. his books are simple to read and have indexes in the back so you dont have to reread the book if you only need something like "oh which direction was earth again?" there is also a book called the witch encylepedia its black with orange sigils on the front it tells both truths and fictions and will differentiate between the two.

well i hope those sources help

as for calling yourself a witch, in paganism everyone choses their own path and i know several male witches so dont worry about it i find warlock and wizard funny terms too

May the force be with you
                may i know what is/are the title of the book/s? or what books will you refer? i've read one of cunningham's book, the encyclopedia of magical herbs and it is really easy to understand

Comment

any thing by cunnigham is a good read loads of information and easy to digest. buklands books are very informative but someimes they over whelm me. allister crowleys books are of the golden dawn and about the law that he follows good reads but again overwhelming

Comment

I wish you the best of luck on your journey! I am also looking for what is my path, but the best that I've been told by various people is just to research first. I've even been told to hold back on some of my thought processes until I get a better grip on my mind and how it works. What I've found so far is that it's a lot of digging deep inside of yourself. If that doesn't make sense... I'm not quite sure how else to word it. It's just a feeling I suppose. I believe the a Deity, or Deities, will make a connection with you when they see fit. It's nothing we can really control. Or there are some others going down the pagan path that choose not to have any sort of Deity. It's sometimes up to you and sometimes not. I wish you the best of luck though, and I could also recommend some pretty good books as well.

Comment

Thank you for your wishes and i would be glad to hear your book recommendations, and i have been researching and knowning myself has been a journey since i was a teen i have a fair grip on who i am but as far as searching in my self for my answers or feeling its still a on going process

Comment

Oh my. I've read so many books! One book that I'm currently devouring is called True Magick: A Beginners Guide By: Amber K. The woman who has written the book is a Wiccan Priestess, however, she is writing from a view in which she gives a little back ground information on things other than Wicca, and also suggestions to help you on your path. It's really wonderful and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Comment

Thanks i will check that book out, i have been engrossed in a couple books buklands complete guide to witch craft although its kind of hard to digest he throws alot at you. and mainly been reading website suggestions from other members so there is alot i have been looking at just trying to absorb it and retain you know what i mean

Comment

I definitely can! What will help is if you keep a notebook of some sort to write down things as they come to you in your studies. Refer to it later and see how you've progressed. I highly recommend journaling of all sorts. It'll help. I promise.

Comment

yeah thats one thing i havent done yet i have several books for that purpose, just havent done it yet i dunno probably fear of writing something that is erronious lol i guess

Comment

Working...
                              X