This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Still searching for my path

I'm a bit meticulous. I had a journal prior to, but it had been such a long time between journal entries that I stopped, and plus my handwriting had gotten sloppy and it was irritating me. I'm also worried that I"m going to write something completely stupid. Then I realized for any sort of growth to happen.. you just have to do it. Otherwise, how are you going to know? How are you going to learn? If you're constantly afraid of things.. that is no way to live. So I just started writing, and now I write anywhere from three pages to twelve a day.

Comment

yeah true i hear you on that. its been something i have been working on for years and it makes sense i started my grimore have like two pages and i guess one of the things thats werid for me is witchcraft comes from within and there is no set way to do it. where as in chirstianity there is very strict rules and a process. i guess im a sheep, tool, or whatever you wanna call it but i am working on that i guess i just worry to much about displeasing the gods by doing something that will offend them.

Comment

Firstly, my belief is that if you are sincere in how you feel and with what you are trying to do as far as your path is concerned? Whatever Deity MIGHT get offended, but from what it feels like, to me that is and as my opinion, I would think they would help guide you in the proper direction. Even if you are a sheep (I'm not agreeing to anything else you posted along those lines because I rarely use words like that unless they are deserved, and they're not ), it is alright. Remember, you have to make a few mistakes in order to learn from them to better anticipate what is in front of you, and to be better able to handle it. You're going to do just fine, and everyone starts out fresh and green. We're both in that boat right now!

Comment

thank you, and atleast im not alone in this boat lol, yeah you are right i am my own worst critic when it comes to this and i guess i never looked it that way.

Comment

I really recommend the book Circle of One by Diane Sylvan. Its probably one of the most practical books for someone that is a beginner. I also like T. Thorn Coyle's Evolutionary Witchcraft. I've heard very good things about Christopher Penczak's books (I've only read Instant Magick, which was good, but its been forever since I read it). Mrs P, one of the members here, has a number of quite good books (and once you've seen her youtube videos, you can't help but read them in her lovely accent!!).
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you! for the book suggestions im always searching for more information and i appericate

Comment

the one i have is called earth power, techniques of natural power

Comment

hmm i will have to look that book up as well

Comment

yes! its a good oneit explains the elements the winds the directions and has an index in the back for colors herbs and runes it has several small rituals to be customized to the practicers liking with each section/lesson

Comment

oh that does sound interesting. my latest thing i was looking up was rune magic and making your own runes using your own blood to bind the runes to you. although i know its not needed to actually use blood but i have heard that if you do it will make the runes be bound to you i guess is what i would call it

Comment

Working...
                      X