This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Talk Demons.

I've become very much interested in the workings of E.A. Koetting. Say what you will, but many of his teachings have helped in my spiritual evolution and ascent. Especially in opening my mind up to the LHP (excluding baneful magic) and including tantric methods into my path. If you know of E.A. Koetting, you know that A LOT of his workings focus on Demons, or darker spirits, and building relationships with them as a means of progressing in our spiritual journeys. I have not attempted an evocation of a Demon yet (though I have had astral experiences with dark spirits), as I would like to some of your experiences with Demons. I'm far passed the "Demons are evil" lecture, as through my experiences and studies have found that Demons are not "evil" and the idea of them being evil is nothing but a product of Abrahamic propaganda. Yes, Demons want respect, but don't we all? Anyway, so what have some of your experiences been like? Have you successfully evoked? Have you successfully gotten them to complete tasks? What about Incubus and Succubus experiences?

Re: Let Talk Demons.

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
    Anyway, so what have some of your experiences been like? Have you successfully evoked? Have you successfully gotten them to complete tasks? What about Incubus and Succubus experiences?
    Exactly what do you mean when you say 'evoke' and 'gotten them to complete tasks'? Your answers to those questions will greatly influence my reply to your post.

Comment

Evoke meaning to summon the demon into your reality, and many evoke demons to get them to complete tasks such as finding a lover or for lucrative purposes.

Comment

Evoke meaning to summon the demon into your reality, and many evoke demons to get them to complete tasks such as finding a lover or for lucrative purposes.
        What I'm trying to get at here is what is your attitude towards the evocation of Demons and how they are to be treated? Do you lean more to the attitude of Christian magicians, or to the attitudes of modern Demonolatry?

Comment

Hi, LeviImmortal.

It's nice to see another interested in such things. I am familiar with Koetting and his work, but I have no interest in nor affiliation with him, perhaps unfortunate for your query. I do, however, have extensive experience with Demons and LHP pursuits such as Qliphothic sorcery - however, I do not exclude "baneful magick" from my workings. I have written at length on the topics at hand, and am happy to share my experiences - although perhaps not in one post.

Anyway, so what have some of your experiences been like?

Far too many to describe to you in this space. If you would care for specifics, I am happy to oblige. To summarise - my experiences have ranged from terrifying to beautiful to transformative.

Have you successfully evoked?

As a Demonolator, "evocation" is a word that is not used amongst us for communion with Demons. Evocation implies the ritual summoning of a spirit in the style of Ceremonial Magicians which is regarded, within our practice, as a disrespectful act. Demons, within Demonolatry, are worked with in the same manner as any other Deity as that is what They are to us.

Have you successfully gotten them to complete tasks?

Having Them complete "tasks" is not the aim of my practice as They are Divinities. What you are describing is a typical practice amongst Ceremonialists and not amongst most LHP practitioners.

I have known of those who have legitimately attempted to evoke a Demon and "command" It with most unfortunate consequences. They can be worked with - but I would not recommend "evocation magick" as the method to employ.

What about Incubus and Succubus experiences?
          I believe that I have had only one genuine experience with a succubus in my lifetime and that was a number of years ago. It occurred during a time in my life when I was experiencing psychotic episodes and I doubted that it had happened for a long time. It was as if I were lucidly dreaming and was aware of what the entity was and what It wanted. It wasn't a violent or frightening interaction at all - nothing as is commonly described.

Comment

I'd love to hear about your experiences and knowledge, especially on Qliphothic sorcery. So as an analogy, the way you work your demonic Divinities are similar to so called prayer or similar to the tantric practices of Buddhism? Many of the people I've spoken to about Demons have also simply worked with Demons telepathically while using their sigil. Is this similar to your practice? And I don't suspect your succubus experience was frightening at all.

Comment

Modern Demonolatry. I mainly wanted to know your personal experiences with them. Goetic or non- Goetic.
              Then you probably should steer clear of authors like EA Koetting and Michael W. Ford. The techniques that they have to teach are not in line with modern Demonolatry.

Have you successfully evoked?
              As Torey mentioned, 'evoke' is usually used in a Ceremonial context to mean the forcible conjuration and commanding of an entity (often with the attendant seals and sigils). So in this sense, no, I have never evoked anything.

But I have successfully communicated with Demons and called upon them to help me with my workings. I have worked exclusively with Goetic Demons, along with a few cthonic deities who have been included in the modern Demonolatry pantheons. The Dukante pantheons don't resonate with me at all, however. The Demon who I work with the closest (and most often) is Barbatos, who helps me with my work with animals (in the physical sense) and with animal guides (in the spiritual sense). I have worked with several others, mostly for the purpose of curse breaking and protection. For me, working with Demons is very similar to working with any other deity. I approach Them with respect, make my request, offer my payment, and the bargain is struck.

Have you successfully gotten them to complete tasks?
              I have successfully petitioned Demons to aid my in my workings. But I would never presume to command Them, just as I would never presume to command the Northern deities that I work with. That's a good recipe for a nice big Demonic kick up the butt.

Even the Christian magicians, who you could say pioneered working with the Goetic Demons, did not treat them as lesser entities who could be ordered around like servitors. There was a reason they were afraid of Demons and constructed such elaborate rituals in order to evoke them. There was also a reason that not just any old magician could expect to pick up the Lemegeton and successfully conjure up a Demon... that was advanced work only to be attempted after years of study and ritual practice. And even then only the highly skilled ones made it. The 'evil' of Demons was not just propaganda... it was a reputation earned via the swift and consistent retribution meted out to incompetent magicians and dabblers.

What about Incubus and Succubus experiences?
              I've never had experience with these entities.

Comment

One of these days, I may take time to investigate the motives of those Ceremonial magicians. If your theology says that

1) Demons are malevolent, evil bastards that will hurt you given half a chance

2) That you can call on more benevolent higher powers to keep them in line

then why the hell are you calling demons instead of just approaching the beings you use to keep them in line? Was there something really important that they couldn't get from angels/LoH?

Demonolatry on the whole is built on less silly logic at first glance.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  One of these days, I may take time to investigate the motives of those Ceremonial magicians. If your theology says that

1) Demons are malevolent, evil bastards that will hurt you given half a chance

2) That you can call on more benevolent higher powers to keep them in line

then why the hell are you calling demons instead of just approaching the beings you use to keep them in line? Was there something really important that they couldn't get from angels/LoH?

Demonolatry on the whole is built on less silly logic at first glance.
                  Add into that the fact that most of what the Christian magicians asked from the Demons was a) money/treasure and b) women.

I'm pretty sure those were things that devout Christians should NOT have been seeking.

Comment

Sooo....

they were calling on the LoH/his angels to compel other Powers to provide things that the LoH probably had no interest in seeing them get through sorcery....

I'd be less afraid that the demon will outwit me and more afraid that the LoH would help get them show up and then turn off all my defenses and walk away while the pissed off demon decides how to punish my impudence.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Demons are pretty chill if you're chill.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I'd love to hear about your experiences and knowledge, especially on Qliphothic sorcery.

You're welcome to read through some of my work at your own leisure if you'd like. Regarding Qliphothic sorcery, I have been working primarily with only three Qliphoth for the past five years. The entirety of the work is for a lifetime. In essence, I choose to work with such forces as a means of bringing about a particular state of existence for myself - although I would normally reduce the concept to achieving "immortality" or "apotheosis", it's obviously not that simple as I believe that these terms describe the innate nature of many beings - thus, "becoming a God" is a moot point for me as it has already occurred and has always been the case. I use Qliphothic sorcery to ultimately determine a different direction for my "soul", as it were, and to affect my conscious, carnate abilities within this world and to affect the environment around me.

In regards to experiences, there is no simple way to describe working with the Qliphoth at all. During my immersions, I utilise excitative trance techniques - i.e. Shamanic journey - to facilitate my interactions with Them. I could go into great depth here with a description of Shamanic journeying in and of itself or I can "describe" what my immersions are like. Your choice, or something entirely different - I will share what I can.

So as an analogy, the way you work your demonic Divinities are similar to so called prayer or similar to the tantric practices of Buddhism? Many of the people I've spoken to about Demons have also simply worked with Demons telepathically while using their sigil. Is this similar to your practice? And I don't suspect your succubus experience was frightening at all.
                        I have no one "way" of working with the Demons. It depends upon the Demon Itself, the intention behind the working/contact/immersion and what is required of me (if anything) by the Demons or my own state of being at the time. "Prayer", although I don't use that term, is always a part of my practice. Again, Otherworldly immersion through a Shamanic state of consciousness is another. Communion through invitation during ritual is another. Dream work, scrying, fasting, substance use, blood sacrifice and ritual sex are other techniques that I use.

The use of a Demon's sigil is a very common practice within Demonolatry. Some sigils are not recommended to be used, however. If you are at all familiar with the practices of the OFS, then you will likely know of the practice of burning a Demon's sigil to initiate contact or to make an offering. I do not practice this, but there are many who do so with success.

Comment

Working...
                        X