This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Was That?

A few years ago, I had a dream of a Goddess. She was in Polar Bear form and wore armor similar to Iorek from The Golden Compass, only Her armor was silver and Her helmet was more ornate. She had a powerful regal and noble air to Her. She also had a quiet male Polar Bear consort with Her. We walked, we talked, She gave me an important lesson, then we parted and I woke up. I know it was a Goddess, because Animal Spirits don't speak to me, only communicate through gestures and images, even in the Dreamscape and the Astral. Plus, I knew She was a Goddess; but She never mentioned her name. And I know it was a real deity, not a dream deity. I've worked with Dream Magik long enough to know the difference.

This sort of thing isn't unusual for me, often Deities will come to me in dream and not say who they are, they'll only leave vague clues as to who they are. It's not always significant either. One time, my Matron, Hestia, visited me, accompanied by two cloaked Goddess (one in yellow, the other in green), who never introduced Themselves.

I've done some research on Goddesses in relation to Bears, like Artemis, Artio, and a few others. I'm a follower of Artemis now, and the Polar Bear doesn't feel the same (not to mention that Artemis is usually accompanied by a Stag or a Hare for me). I also felt that the Polar Bear was specific, if that makes any sense.

I had just accepted it; I often do. If They feel that Their identity is important, then They'll say something or give clues. The Nameless Polar Bear Goddess. Cool. But every time I see a Polar Bear, I think of Her and I wonder. More and more this question is poking at me. Who was this?

I can't really meditate/journey too often anymore due to my kids, although I'm going to try another method to try and get some answers. However, I was wondering if any of you have and ideas as to who this might be? Any at all.

Thanks.

Re: Who Was That?

I associate Skadi more with wolves but she is one you might consider. She is a giantess but some consider Jotun to be gods/goddesses. She is an archer, hunter, skier and lives in the wild, cold places.

Comment

Oh, yeah, I'm open to any Deity, Spirit, or Being in relation to Bears, Anthropomorphic Bears, and Bear shapeshifters--as long as they're female, for the most part. Really anything that might point me in the right direction. After being inspired by my own post here, I'm working on a Pagan Blog Project post now about Bear Worship and Deities/Spirits in relation to them, as well as exploring my own fascination. The more information people can provide, the better. :-) Thanks, I'll look into Skadi.

Comment

Could just be a dream, I like to throw that out. Dreams are powerful and the brain associates things with them.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Simply being a dream, or something vital to your own psyche always being a possibility, you might also be interested in the Innuit goddess Pinga, although she is usually associated with caribou, as well as the Finnish goddess Meileikki....hopefully I spelled that correctly.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DyslexicPagan View Post
            A few years ago, I had a dream of a Goddess. She was in Polar Bear form and wore armor similar to Iorek from The Golden Compass, only Her armor was silver and Her helmet was more ornate. She had a powerful regal and noble air to Her. She also had a quiet male Polar Bear consort with Her. We walked, we talked, She gave me an important lesson, then we parted and I woke up. I know it was a Goddess, because Animal Spirits don't speak to me, only communicate through gestures and images, even in the Dreamscape and the Astral. Plus, I knew She was a Goddess; but She never mentioned her name. And I know it was a real deity, not a dream deity. I've worked with Dream Magik long enough to know the difference.

This sort of thing isn't unusual for me, often Deities will come to me in dream and not say who they are, they'll only leave vague clues as to who they are. It's not always significant either. One time, my Matron, Hestia, visited me, accompanied by two cloaked Goddess (one in yellow, the other in green), who never introduced Themselves.

I've done some research on Goddesses in relation to Bears, like Artemis, Artio, and a few others. I'm a follower of Artemis now, and the Polar Bear doesn't feel the same (not to mention that Artemis is usually accompanied by a Stag or a Hare for me). I also felt that the Polar Bear was specific, if that makes any sense. One i

I had just accepted it; I often do. If They feel that Their identity is important, then They'll say something or give clues. The Nameless Polar Bear Goddess. Cool. But every time I see a Polar Bear, I think of Her and I wonder. More and more this question is poking at me. Who was this?

I can't really meditate/journey too often anymore due to my kids, although I'm going to try another method to try and get some answers. However, I was wondering if any of you have and ideas as to who this might be? Any at all.

Thanks.
            If the Divine had visited you in a dream it was more likely a powerful spirit than a Deity. My experience is that the Deities never let anyone down, but they never answer directly. They speak in mysteries that are shockingly easy to understand yet deeply perplexing those who do not wish to listen.

However, if it helps, might I ask if it was merely a white bear or a polar bear? The color white has many different spiritual connotations. So a white bear and a polar bear could have very different connotations.

Comment

I would look at northern cultures' pantheons...perhaps one of them have a female goddess that is a shapeshifter or associated with bears or something.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

1) I state that I know the difference between a regular dream and a special dream. So no, it wasn't just a dream.
                2) The Bear was specifically Polar, and not just white.

For me, Deities and Spirits communicate in the same way. Both are confusing, trivial, freakin riddles that require work on my part. Never misleading. So Deity or Spirit, I can't tell the difference when it comes to messages. I understood the message; She was unusually clear; Sometimes the Deities are also straight to the point. Unfortunately, that's not going to work in my case, but it's something to think about for future encounters.

It's possible She was a Spirit, as I feel that some Spirits are to the Deities what Saints are to the Catholic God. Their overall energy was similar to what I've felt with Deities, not with Spirits. My question is simply one of who She could've been.

Thanks again for the suggestions :-) and foods for thought. But it may just be one of those things, another random encounter to add to the Book of Mirrors. She passed the message along, who She is isn't important. I'm just a curious human, and am finding Bear Worship to be fascinating so far.

Sorry if this sounds snarky (or redundant, I'm distracted), my kids are just aggravating me right now and I wear my emotions on my sleeve, even online. No offense meant.

Comment

Working...
                X