This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joy of Satan

So there I was on the internet, and I googled "Power Meditation", as someone mentioned it in a YouTube video. This was the first link that came up http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serp...editation.html. If you click it, you can see there's an extensive list of powerful meditations that range from to pineal meditation to evoking elements. I was surprised to find that this site was Satanic, and I didn't quite know that Spiritual Satanists were this... spiritual. Lol. So I scrolled down to the bottom of the page, and clicked "Home" which lead to a http://www.JoyofSatan.org and it had a slew of links to learn more about "True Satanism": its origins, the truth about Satan, how the original Gods and ancient spiritual knowledge has been desecrated, that Jesus is fictitious and the Bible stole true spiritual truths and twisted them.

I then spent the next 24+ hours sleeping, eating, and reading as many articles on this website as possible. Obsessed may be an understatement. So much of what I read on Joy on Satan made an extricable amount of sense. The deepest, most important questions I've been asking my entire life were finally answered. Other than the GREAT deal of the spiritually intense information the site discussed, they also explained the truth about Satan. They hold that Satan is the God Ea, aka ENKI, and one of the first of the Nephilim to arrive on this planet and establish the first civilization. Also that Satan is the God who created the human race (through genetic engineering). They have an article that goes into great detail pertaining to Earth's ancient history, which again made a lot of sense. I've never come across a more complete faith. It ignores no aspect of existence; from the spirit and spiritual ascent, to human history and society.

I'm curious as to what all of you think of Satan and Satanism (not LaVeyan Satanism) and what you all make of Joy of Satan and its teachings.

Re: Joy of Satan

Girl, you are in danger. The JoS is just a bunch of neo nazis spouting crap. That's what I think about that.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Give me a little while to set up my laptop and I'll track down the last few threads about that site and then decide if I'm adequately into pain to reread the site and comment on it. Short version amounts to, yes there are theistic Satanists. Yes, it is a path that can be travelled well. Don't take your cues from JoS if you intend to walk it though.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Girl, you are in danger. The JoS is just a bunch of neo nazis spouting crap. That's what I think about that.
        Lol. I'm not in any danger. I haven't done anything. I just acknowledged how much of what they were saying made sense and what you all thought of it. But what about these neo-nazi claims?

Comment

So we've gone through several threads about JoS, the only one that I really consider useful at this time is

About a month ago I stumbled onto Joy Of Satan, I liked all the spiritual aspects of it, and the meditations, but the site is riddled with nazi brainwashing tactics, which I hate. I don't hate anyone for their beliefs, and never will. I did preform the dedication ritual on the site. I am wondering if the dedication is a

I may return to this thread with more info later.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
            But what about these neo-nazi claims?
            The usual: Racial purity, Hitler and the Nazis weren't racist, white supremacy, Jews are terrible.

Nothing new or shocking as far as neo-Nazi groups go. You can find quite a bit by just typing "Joy of Satan" and any random racist keyword into google.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Lol. I'm not in any danger. I haven't done anything. I just acknowledged how much of what they were saying made sense and what you all thought of it. But what about these neo-nazi claims?
              I've been a Satanist for 27 years (just so you aren't thinking who is this person and why should I listen? ). The Joy of Satan is a website and group that has pretty much been shunned by most Satanists (theistic or otherwise). Google Joy of Satan exposed and you will get some interesting reading going on there. Everyone who is new to Satanism in any form always finds Joy of Satan and then becomes enthralled with their bait. But look a little closer. Do some research. It is not representing what Satanism really is. A few of my theistic Satanists will pretty much back me up on my assessment.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I've been a Satanist for 27 years (just so you aren't thinking who is this person and why should I listen? ). The Joy of Satan is a website and group that has pretty much been shunned by most Satanists (theistic or otherwise). Google Joy of Satan exposed and you will get some interesting reading going on there. Everyone who is new to Satanism in any form always finds Joy of Satan and then becomes enthralled with their bait. But look a little closer. Do some research. It is not representing what Satanism really is. A few of my theistic Satanists will pretty much back me up on my assessment.
                ^This.

I have so many questions from newcomers who find my blog asking about JoS because it's so readily visible on the Interwebz.

I will concede that they have some decent meditation information and magickal exercises, but as Medusa said - it essentially camouflages their strange and sometimes conflicting beliefs which can be said to be a mixture of Enkism, "Ancient Alienism" and Fascist Satanism. They also exalt the Al-Jilwah, which for me is an immediate black mark as it is long-recognised as a forgery.

If you're interested in the JoS, I won't try to change your mind - but they are regarded as loonies amongst bona fide LHP practitioners across the board.

Comment

[QUOTE=Torey;149439 I will concede that they have some decent meditation information and magickal exercises... [/QUOTE]

This is what I was most interested in. Their meditative and magickal practices is what most attracted me. Besides the "Ancient Alienism" and so, on would you say their meditation and magick is useful? If not could you point me in the direction of the ones that are?

Comment

I would say that some of it is certainly useful, although be aware that there is a great deal of appropriation of various other religious/cultural symbolism in a bit of the material.

Other resources, Diane Vera's site has always been quite good although she no longer regularly maintains it and her meditations are incomplete:

Rituals, Magick and Devotional Practices (TheisticSatanism.com)

Good resources, from a Demonolatry perspective, are from the OFS - available through DB Publishing:

DB Publishing: Demonolatry.org

Comment

MO - didn't we have another thread about JoS? THe OP was a 13 year old girl. In the end it didn't turn well, the JoS didn't affect her very good.

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree with Medusa about the topic.
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

We have at least 2 others. I linked the one I considered most useful at the time. Pretty sure's a 4th out there as well.

Comment

They hold that Satan is the God Ea, aka ENKI, and one of the first of the Nephilim to arrive on this planet and establish the first civilization.
                          All I know about this group is what I just read in this thread, but what jumps out to me is that if they believe Satan is really Enki, why not just worship Enki? Why even bring Satan into it? It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Deep down, I'm lazy. Particularly so today. So instead of typing out my opinion all over again, I'm gonna do two things....

1) Second everything that Medusa and Torey said...

2) Re-link the link that MO put up, which was our last discussion on JoS... because my opinion hasn't changed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
                              All I know about this group is what I just read in this thread, but what jumps out to me is that if they believe Satan is really Enki, why not just worship Enki? Why even bring Satan into it? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
                              This is what I have an issue with - their entire mythology surrounding Satan is a conflated amalgamation of the mythologies of various entities from several different world cultures with no logical explanation behind it. There are number of (non-JoS) Satanists who believe that Satan is Enki, but continue to call themselves Satanists and not Enkists.

Comment

Working...
                              X