X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joy of Satan

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    All I know about this group is what I just read in this thread, but what jumps out to me is that if they believe Satan is really Enki, why not just worship Enki? Why even bring Satan into it? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
    This is what jumped out at me. It was the first time I had heard this postulate concerning Satan. While I found it interesting, I do think it's important to have the true essence/ history of a deity correct, just out of respect, and I'm not so sure the history is accurate. But they seem to wholeheartedly believe the Enki is what later became known as Satan, hence why they bring Satan into it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
      This is what jumped out at me. It was the first time I had heard this postulate concerning Satan. While I found it interesting, I do think it's important to have the true essence/ history of a deity correct, just out of respect, and I'm not so sure the history is accurate. But they seem to wholeheartedly believe the Enki is what later became known as Satan, hence why they bring Satan into it.
      Exactly! Is history accurate?

They do have some "facts" that I don't know if they are correct or BS, concerning a place known as "Satana" in western India which had issues with the Hebrew people. Of course, I know not if this claim is true. They link to a site. I checked it but didn't have enough interest to verify if the source is trustworthy.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Sites so bad its almost satirical.

Comment

While I found it interesting, I do think it's important to have the true essence/ history of a deity correct,
          Personally this makes me cringe. Then again I'm an atheist for this very reason. I could not find a religion that didn't have this going on in some form or another. I take my actual life/after life seriously. I don't want to be following some Mickey Mouse religion that sorta makes shit up.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm curious as to what all of you think of Satan and Satanism (not LaVeyan Satanism) and what you all make of Joy of Satan and its teachings.
            I have no problem with Satan or Satanism, one is a being or name I don't really associate with (And view as different from the guy I worship) and the other influences my philosophy and beliefs just as much as Luciferianism does. However, for the Joy of Satan bit... take this from someone who felt like Joy of Satan's beliefs answered all her underlying questions though it was riddled with anti-Semiticism: Don't get involved. Turn back.

Frankly, I highly recommend Diane Vera's Theistic Satanism site and even Venus Satanas' Spiritual Satanism site over Joy of Satan, especially if you're particularly interested in learning more about Theistic Satanism. There's also another site I have ran across over the years that calls to mind some of Joy of Satan's beliefs but without the anti-Semiticism. The site is called Enki EA.

Also, I suggest looking at what they [JoS] say about Jews, their exposing Christianity site and their Black Sun site for other reasons why they may be considered neo-Nazi's or anti-Semitic at least.

Now if you're interested in their meditations and stuff, I guess that's alright. I get more antsy about people getting involved in their beliefs than anything else, personally. :x
            Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I'm a theistic satanist and all I found on there of mild interest is there list of demons and there ideas on meditation . While I do believe Satan and enki may have a connection I usually just think of Satan as the wiccan version of the all . Kinda like the creating force and guider . Me pretty much being a satanic witch . I never really liked all the neo Nazi be on there kinda off putting . Plus I don't hate Jews and boy do the people on or associated with jos hate Jews . Its not for me those people are beyond crazy
              Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Working...
              X