This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask a Theistic Satanist/Demonolator Thread

Because I can't let Medusa have all the fun!

But I am happy to answer any questions which someone out there may have regarding Theistic Satanism, my own personal beliefs, and also any questions about Demonolatry as my path also consists of the veneration of Demons.

There are a few other Theistic Satanists wandering around the place who should feel free to chime in where they would like...

Re: Ask a Theistic Satanist/Demonolator Thread

I had a thread like you, but then I took a life-changing situation and doubt-forming thoughts to the knee. I got through them but forgot about my thread.

Sup? Mind sharing your pantheon?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I second that. What's your pantheon? Also have you spiritually traveled to any parts of hell?

Comment

What are your views on the Lucifer, Satan, Devil deal? Do you believe they are the same entity or multiple entities, and what are their roles? I know most of the different opinions on them but I'm wondering your personal views.
        Circe

Comment

(This question is if you have conversations with your deities/demons that you work with)

How do the demons you work with feel about angels, and specifically the Archangels?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
            I had a thread like you, but then I took a life-changing situation and doubt-forming thoughts to the knee. I got through them but forgot about my thread.

Sup? Mind sharing your pantheon?
            lol Well, I'd be happy for you to bring your own insights and beliefs into this one...

Regarding my pantheon, it is immensely diverse. I don't follow one strict cultural or popular "vein" of Demons; however, I would say that Satan, the entities of the Qliphoth, the Four Queens and the Goetic Spirits make up my primary pantheon.

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
            I second that. What's your pantheon? Also have you spiritually traveled to any parts of hell?
            My vision of "Hell" is much different from the contemporary Christian vision of Hell. I have spiritually travelled to realms which are considered "Hells" in regards to the Kabbalistic view of the Qliphoth and the Sitra Achra. My experiences there have been rather bizarre, but not wholly terrifying.

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            What are your views on the Lucifer, Satan, Devil deal? Do you believe they are the same entity or multiple entities, and what are their roles? I know most of the different opinions on them but I'm wondering your personal views.
            Far too vast and complex to fully illustrate here, but in essence my personal views are this:

I do not believe that Satan is the same entity as "Lucifer" or "the Devil". They are three different concepts for me - Satan is a title which is applied to many entities, but (what I believe to be) the primary entity associated with the title is the entity which I count as my Patron. I am certain that He has another name (perhaps many), but it has not yet been revealed to me.

"Lucifer" as Satan is a non-issue for me as I hold to the belief that the term, as used in the most relevant passage in Isaiah, was applied erroneously to "Satan" through common misinterpretation. I certainly do not believe that "Lucifer" is the "love and light" aspect of Satan, as some Luciferians tend to believe.

"The Devil", IMHO, is an amorphous concept, IMHO, created out of centuries of fear and storytelling which has now possibly evolved into a sentient presence - an egregore, in other words.

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
            (This question is if you have conversations with your deities/demons that you work with)

How do the demons you work with feel about angels, and specifically the Archangels?
            I do have "conversations" with my Gods - primarily this occurs through my SSC and sometimes through divination. Other times the conversations occur during dream states or during deep ritual consciousness.

As for how the Demons with whom I work feel about Angels, I honestly have little communication with Them in regards to Angels specifically at all. I have worked with the Fallen from time to time - but as for the non-Fallen, there has only ever been once instance in which They were unwilling to work alongside "Angels", "Jesus Christ" and "YHWH" - and by "They" I am referring to particular Goetic Spirits.

Comment

How did you come to your path? If its not too personal to ask .

Does Satan have a physical form? I'm only familiar with him being horned but I also know this is how Christians painted him. But then I also see said description used by Satanists, so I'm not sure if they picked up on it or its something that in fact pre-dates the Christian notion so I get a little confused.

Also, what is the difference between a theistic Satanist and Lavey Satanism?

I believe that is all for now!

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                Regarding my pantheon, it is immensely diverse. I don't follow one strict cultural or popular "vein" of Demons; however, I would say that Satan, the entities of the Qliphoth, the Four Queens and the Goetic Spirits make up my primary pantheon.
                Who are the Four Queens?

Comment

Originally posted by Aurelia View Post
                  How did you come to your path? If its not too personal to ask .
                  I came to my path after a great deal of confusion and searching.

I was raised as a Pentecostal Christian until I was about 8 or 9. My parents divorced and my mum left the church and became (what I now know to be) basically an eclectic witch - but for myself, I didn't believe in any sort of deity at all, but had a reverence for Nature (though not spiritual).

I was an atheist until I was in my late teens, and then discovered Wicca. I got into that for a few years before becoming disinterested and pursuing more of a scholarly path. I then began working within a Ceremonial Magic framework and within Neo-Shamanism. I was going through a great deal of pain with my mental illness at that time, and had an experience that I assumed to be psychotic in which Demons began presenting Themselves to me. But, during a more lucid time, through a Shamanic journey, I met an unknown entity whom I didn't know at the time was Satan - He claimed me and introduced me to what I can only consider to be a new life. From then onwards, it's just evolved.

Does Satan have a physical form? I'm only familiar with him being horned but I also know this is how Christians painted him. But then I also see said description used by Satanists, so I'm not sure if they picked up on it or its something that in fact pre-dates the Christian notion so I get a little confused.
                  I don't believe that I would call it "physical" as He only manifests Himself within the Otherworlds during my journeys - but within that context, yes, He does have a visible appearance. It's not horned at all, but is generally that of a normal man. My experience of His appearance is that of a tall, broad-shouldered man with medium-length, black and curly hair with a somewhat dark complexion and dark eyes. I have wanted to paint His portrait for years now - but I can't really find the inspiration to pick up a brush again.

Also, what is the difference between a theistic Satanist and Lavey Satanism?

I believe that is all for now!
                  The difference is essentially a belief in the literal existence of Satan as a deity. Theistic/Spiritual Satanists believe that Satan is a real being - a god - whereas LaVeyan Satanists regard Satan as a symbolic representation of many concepts, most especially of free will and enjoyment in the human experience.

Originally posted by LeviImmortal View Post
                  Who are the Four Queens?
                  The Four Queens are Demonesses from Judaic mythology - Lilith, Agerath, Eisheth Zenunim and Naamah. There is actually a Fifth Queen, but I do not work with Her often and that is Machaloth, mother of Agerath.

Comment

Strange question, does Satan have any qualms about dating/ marrying Christians? Lol.

Comment

Lilith as in Adam's prior wife?

If yes, do the other 3 also have human origin?
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Lilith as in Adam's prior wife?

If yes, do the other 3 also have human origin?
                        Interesting enough, Lilith and her story can be found in Jewish folk lore. I'm a big fan of hers. Wasn't made from Adam but with Adam. Didn't want to take it on her back so she got banished. God decided Adam was too docile I guess and made Eve out of his rib. And Lilith hunts the children of Eve. In fact she's knows as the mother of vampires in some lore. And there is a three angel incantation you say by your baby's crib that keeps her away. I made a beautiful hand embroidered name plate with the three angels for a friend's first baby.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Huh. I didn't realize Eisheth and Namaah were fallen angels. Somebody hasn't done their research properly...

(I, too, worship a Namaah, though from an entirely different fictitious standpoint...)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            Huh. I didn't realize Eisheth and Namaah were fallen angels. Somebody hasn't done their research properly...

(I, too, worship a Namaah, though from an entirely different fictitious standpoint...)
                            From Terre d'Ange? Reread the series with some Jewish heretic knowledge under your belt... fully half of the Companions are inspired by fallen angels. Not to mention the obvious influence of stories of the Watchers and the Nephilim. I actually found it really interesting and I think her research and understanding of what she was blending was probably deeper than most fans realise. I've been trying to get Torey to read the first series (which I own), but he struggles with non-fiction as it just doesn't hold his interest. (Incidentally, I've not read the third series.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                              From Terre d'Ange? Reread the series with some Jewish heretic knowledge under your belt... fully half of the Companions are inspired by fallen angels. Not to mention the obvious influence of stories of the Watchers and the Nephilim. I actually found it really interesting and I think her research and understanding of what she was blending was probably deeper than most fans realise. I've been trying to get Torey to read the first series (which I own), but he struggles with non-fiction as it just doesn't hold his interest. (Incidentally, I've not read the third series.)
                              I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?

Torey, seriously. Read the books. It'll improve your sex life.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X