Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Theistic Satanist/Demonolator Thread

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Re: Ask a Theistic Satanist/Demonolator Thread

Lilith as in Adam's prior wife?

If yes, do the other 3 also have human origin?
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

May 2005
    Religion
    LaVeyan Satanist
    Phrase
    A Clockwork orange

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post

Interesting enough, Lilith and her story can be found in Jewish folk lore. I'm a big fan of hers. Wasn't made from Adam but with Adam. Didn't want to take it on her back so she got banished. God decided Adam was too docile I guess and made Eve out of his rib. And Lilith hunts the children of Eve. In fact she's knows as the mother of vampires in some lore. And there is a three angel incantation you say by your baby's crib that keeps her away. I made a beautiful hand embroidered name plate with the three angels for a friend's first baby.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Huh. I didn't realize Eisheth and Namaah were fallen angels. Somebody hasn't done their research properly...

(I, too, worship a Namaah, though from an entirely different fictitious standpoint...)
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Shaminist Demonolator. Or something along those lines...

Quote Originally Posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Huh. I didn't realize Eisheth and Namaah were fallen angels. Somebody hasn't done their research properly...

(I, too, worship a Namaah, though from an entirely different fictitious standpoint...)
    From Terre d'Ange? Reread the series with some Jewish heretic knowledge under your belt... fully half of the Companions are inspired by fallen angels. Not to mention the obvious influence of stories of the Watchers and the Nephilim. I actually found it really interesting and I think her research and understanding of what she was blending was probably deeper than most fans realise. I've been trying to get Torey to read the first series (which I own), but he struggles with non-fiction as it just doesn't hold his interest. (Incidentally, I've not read the third series.)

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Rae'ya View Post
    From Terre d'Ange? Reread the series with some Jewish heretic knowledge under your belt... fully half of the Companions are inspired by fallen angels. Not to mention the obvious influence of stories of the Watchers and the Nephilim. I actually found it really interesting and I think her research and understanding of what she was blending was probably deeper than most fans realise. I've been trying to get Torey to read the first series (which I own), but he struggles with non-fiction as it just doesn't hold his interest. (Incidentally, I've not read the third series.)
    I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?

Torey, seriously. Read the books. It'll improve your sex life.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Northern Tradition Shaminist Demonolator. Or something along those lines...

I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?
    That's a hard one for me to answer, because I picked most of mine up via Torey and his books. If you're a Googler, I'd probably start with the Watchers and the Nephilim, and Googling the name of each of the Companions, then follow the trails. Otherwise, Torey has a stack of books (probably some ebooks also) that he references. For the most part you have to back to Jewish myth and tradition rather than stopping at Christian or Catholic Old Testament stuff (which a lot of people do, out of lack of direction), then branch out into the Apocrypha. But for the purposes of some background info for a reread... Google is probably sufficient.

Also... ask Torey stuff. He loves it.

And that reminds me... he has some essays he wrote about the Four Queens somewhere... hopefully they were backed up and we didn't lose them when the laptop was stolen, but if so I'm pretty sure he'd posted them at another forum... when he gets home I'll make sure he sees this. He might be willing to post them up or PM you.

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism & Demonolatry
    Phrase
    Astra inclinant, sed non obligant

Quote Originally Posted by LeviImmortal View Post
    Strange question, does Satan have any qualms about dating/ marrying Christians? Lol.
    Not to my knowledge.

He is actually surprisingly unconcerned with what Christians believe and do in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post

Yes, that Lilith. I also second pretty much everything that Medusa said relative to Lilith. There has, within recent years, been a surge in the number of Neo-Pagans (mostly Neo-Wiccans) claiming a connection with Lilith - not surprisingly, considering she is often viewed as a champion of women due to the lore surrounding her departure from Adam.

Regarding the others, the only other who has (speculative) human origins is Naamah.

Torey, seriously. Read the books. It'll improve your sex life.
    lol I've read about 75% of the first book and it was quite sexy - this conversation may just inspire me to read the rest...

The Zohar would be my first recommendation. Genesis: Chapter XXXII

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Jedi
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

Not challenging the decision, just confirming the reference. I'm aware of both the lore and Lilith's current popularity. Just wanted to be sure that there wasn't a second figure named Lilith floating around. My greater interest was the second question.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Jul 2014
    Religion
    Dark Pagan

Is there some sort of rite or initiation ritual one must complete to become a Theistic Satanist? Or some sort of dedication or blood oath?

Apr 2013
    Religion
    Theistic Satanism & Demonolatry
    Phrase
    Astra inclinant, sed non obligant

Quote Originally Posted by LeviImmortal View Post
    Is there some sort of rite or initiation ritual one must complete to become a Theistic Satanist? Or some sort of dedication or blood oath?
    There is no one ritual nor is there are requirement for initiation at all. Many choose to self-dedicate through the creation of a pact, just for the sake of theatrics and psychodrama. Others may choose to self-dedicate through a simple ritual and blood offering. If one is being accepted into a group of Theistic Satanists, the requirements of the group may be rather specific. Some Demonolators initiate neophytes through a rather elaborate ritual which involves branding the skin with the sigil of the Patron/Matron Demon.