X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

documentaries!?!

Is there a documentary out there about witches made by witches? i must know

Re: documentaries!?!

I hate to be this person, but did you try Google?

I typed "documentary about witches by witches" and got: this, this, this, this, this, and this. In fact, I found all that quicker than it took me to link all these videos.

Mostly art.

Comment

I have a heartfelt request if you go looking for this specific breed of documentary. Please, please,

PLEASE

fact check the documentary before taking it as a valid historical source. There are several cases of well known Pagan authors having a flexible (can we say, "Ancient Irish Potato Ritual") approach to history and at least one documentary with terrible history floating around. If I see the 9 million killed during the "Burning Times" figure pop up again or inflated conspiracies about the Inquisition (I'm sorry but witches were never more than a side item to the real targets of the Inquisition) than I'm liable to puke.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I think there's a video out there somewhere featuring professor Ronald Hutton talking about Gerald Gardner. When you say documentary, what are you after exactly?
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

something like a history channel documentary but accurate

Comment

Try YouTube.

Comment

Try Netflix.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I thought we had a list somewhere...
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  Try Netflix.
                  My netflix is outta wack and i cant search for things .. i tried

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Carlin View Post
                  Try YouTube.
                  With this though Im not sure how i would decipher truth vs fiction

Comment

Originally posted by jaidynfaith View Post

With this though Im not sure how i would decipher truth vs fiction
                    By reading widely, wisely and well, and using common sense. Be discerning. Don't jump on the bandwagon. If you choose a topic, watch several videos and note down how they differ. Note the similarities too, and remember that these DON'T make something more likely to be true either...

It's confusing, but nobody can do it but you.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I think that you start with looking for reliable documentary makers and worry less about documentaries made by witches...

National Geographic documentary on traditional witchcrafts. as well as a bit about Wicca Part 1 Part 2
                      National Geographic documentary on a Wiccan coven in England
                      Documentary on Gardner with Ronald Hutton (I've not seen it)
                      This documentary is on a channel of info on Wicca--I've not seen enough to judge its veracity
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

thank you it is all much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                        X