Learning About Past Lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning About Past Lives

This is a weird thread, because basically I'm asking a general question about something I'm wondering about I don't believe in: seeing bits of your past lives.

Now, I just want to save a bit of time here: I already don't believe in reincarnation, so no need to chime in about how you personally don't believe in it, or how there is no answer to this question cause it can't happen. We've covered that. Moving on.

But lets say you do believe in past lives and reincarnation, you have lived and died before. You were other people. How do you find about about who you were? Are there techniques you can use to learn more?
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Re: Learning About Past Lives

Once Azazel (one of my Gods) showed me bits and pieces of all my previous lives. I never asked for it, he just showed it to me because he deemed it "useful". I'm currently in my 4th life, according to him.

I do not know if it's verifiable, but I trust Azazel enough to believe it. Maybe, maybe if I ask him to show me again, or at least ask him why did he show me that, perhaps he'll tell me how to achieve it myself or why did he showed me my previous life.

So I don't have an answer to your second question. Sorry.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
      Once Azazel (one of my Gods) showed me bits and pieces of all my previous lives. I never asked for it, he just showed it to me because he deemed it "useful". I'm currently in my 4th life, according to him.

I do not know if it's verifiable, but I trust Azazel enough to believe it. Maybe, maybe if I ask him to show me again, or at least ask him why did he show me that, perhaps he'll tell me how to achieve it myself or why did he showed me my previous life.

So I don't have an answer to your second question. Sorry.
      Get him to tell you what life I'm in!

I haven't decided on afterlife/reincarnation or what have you.

But I was cleopatra.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
        Get him to tell you what life I'm in!

I haven't decided on afterlife/reincarnation or what have you.

But I was cleopatra.
        There are at present 45732 alternate realities that really want to know why their local Cleopatras all decided to re-incarnate on this Earth. You wouldn't know which Cleopatra you were would you?
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hmmm....so, I don't believe in reincarnation, but I personally have had and seen experiences that sometimes make me question that (lack of) belief, to the point of time period and place, though not a specific person usually. Are you interested in that at all, Malfick?
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

To be more on topic than my last reply, Google tells me guided meditation or hypnosis can be used. I wouldn't know. I don't really look for info on the subject and I have a terrible opinion of using hypnosis to get information.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

If you google Arnold Bloxham that gives some interesting info about hypnoses being used in past life regression.

My own feeling (and I should say here that I do believe in reincarnation) is that it's not really necessary for us to know. It's a bit like a relay race, we all have different starting points.

All I've learned from my own past lives has come through music. But then I'm a bit strange like that.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

My first reaction is to wonder what brings along the interest, but as it's your internal dialogue I'll leave you to it.

Past lives aren't something I've ever put a lot of time into learning about on a personal level, but I've come across the concept from time to time.

A lot of what's recommended for recovering memories of past lives involve guided meditation or hypnosis (at least in reference to the information I've come across).

Comment

One thing I've found that has urged me in the direction of believing is that I have some memories that I couldn't possibly have. I know I started a thread about it a long time ago when I first noticed it because it was very unsettling for me. The instance that I talked about there was of a memory of going into an attic room in my home and playing with a woman and girl in Victorian clothing. I have a few "memories" of that. It's not like how I remember dreams, that's a completely different feeling. These honestly are set in my mind as something that I had done. But we never had an attic room in any of the homes I lived in. In fact, this is the first house I've lived in that has had an attic room and I'm 24.

With all of these it's just a matter of thinking back and saying, "Huh, that's odd. That never happened before. Why do I remember it?" I believe there is a strong possibility that this has to do with past lives. However, I'm very unsure of the afterlife in general, and even less sure if I 'believe' in reincarnation. In general, I don't think it's very important or pertinent. The most important thing is that I live this life as well as I am able and in good character.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I must be he odd man in the bunch or delusional. I remember several distinct past life situations. I have vague memories of sailing on a ship a wooden sailing ship in the south-east Asia region and/or the Indian Ocean and Malay Indonesian region and that I was some kind of merchant who actually owned the ship or inherited it or it was handed to me. I remember the places, the spices in the markets, that the ship's name was in Spanish, I remember the ocean and the sun on my face.

I have vague intuitions of being a doctor or healer sometime somewhere in the world.

And most strange of all I remember being a wolf so clearly that I have 'phantom limbs' and feelings of fur on my body believe it or not.

These among many other tangents of memories I don't want to share

If there is a thing as an 'old soul' I feel I'm definitely one. Past lives are a big part of who I am. I've looked into past lives in search of answers to questions I've had my entire life about them since childhood. The memories and feelings are there inside of me but I have no tangible answers for them.

Whether these are delusions or what I doubt I'll ever know

Comment

When I was five, I picked up one of my much older brothers' school textbooks - it was in French and when my mother saw me with it she asked what I was doing. I told her I could read it (I could read in English then too.) She didn't believe me, so I translated it for her.

Another memory - though it comes from someone else - is that when I was very small, I would tell people that I wasn't a girl, I was a boy, and that my name was Thomas.

And then there's the music stuff which is just... well, strange.
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

For most of my life I have approached past lives much as I have approach the past in this life: it doesn't really matter where a person came from, what matters is where he is and where he is going. Lately I have reconsidered this. The decisions I make today do not live in today only. It is hard to explain.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I know very little of my past lives, only that 2 are for certain and I was burned in both (though only one of those did it result in death). My husband however has memories of things from the late seventies back until roman times in which he was the emporor Tidus. He speaks German in his sleep, but doesn't know if he was a Nazi or not. He either rembers or dreams, nothing he has done on purpose. My experiences were revealed differently. One was a spell to see only the appearance of my past self (no idea if I even still have said spell), the other was revealed to me by the angry spirit of someone I had wronged in that life via partial possession of another person who was involved the incident that was also reborn into my community in this life.
                          I would be very interested as well to discover a way to learn more about my selves and how many there are as what I've tried on my own hasn't been very fruitful.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

There are at present 45732 alternate realities that really want to know why their local Cleopatras all decided to re-incarnate on this Earth. You wouldn't know which Cleopatra you were would you?
                            45733. New one just popped up.

I was *the* Cleopatra. Everyone else is an imposter. How else could I remember the feel of the milk in the bath? Or the smell of the kohl? The feel of gold?
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I don't have a great deal of interest in my past lives, although I do believe in them. I have a strong notion that I was involved somehow in World War II in my immediate previous life, though. I have never had a regression session or anything to do with hypnosis because I'm too skeptical with hypnosis to feel it would be accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X