This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being followed by spiders!!

OKAY, I like to think I'm a very logical person so for the first week I just thought that my packing for the move and my bed being placed by a window I had disturbed a spider nest. But for the last 2 or three weeks right as I get ready to go to bed I find one single white spider with those big round butts the size of a pencil tip crawling up my arm towards my shoulder on my left arm. the only reason I decided to seek advice is because it just happened again and I am not at my house, I am at my boyfriends house. It is starting to give me the heeby jeebys. What do I do? What could this mean?

Re: being followed by spiders!!

I see a daddy long legs in my bathroom almost every other night. Mostly due to the heat. It means there are spiders.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Very few spiders actually "nest", which is to mean live together socially, they do however lay a large amount of eggs and the spiderlings emerging may seem communal but they'll soon scatter. You haven't included a picture, nor is your geographic location given, so identifying the spider is pretty hard but nearly all spiderlings are harmless. I've heard mint and citrus are good spider repellents. Other than the creep factor there probably isn't anything to worry about. Spiders are predatory, they eat pests like flies and generally keep to themselves. Spiders produce so many offspring because the majority will die, mostly from predation by larger animals like birds, insects or other spiders, or just by being accidentally crushed. They will disperse and begin hunting shortly after their first molt, when the yolk material from their eggs runs out, and they'll need to spread out. Otherwise, they'll eat one another. I know of no spider of that size which has venom harmful to humans (though I could be wrong).

I don't think there's really a magically or spiritual significance to this. It's just the way spiders work.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      I see a daddy long legs in my bathroom almost every other night. Mostly due to the heat. It means there are spiders.
      Daddy Long Legs actually aren't spiders. They're Opiliones (Harvestmen), which are distinguishable from spiders by having only one body segment and lacking venom.
      Circe

Comment

This one nest of a certain breed of spider hatched in my house. I see them everywhere, even in other places, one was in my saddlebag once. It means spiders are piss annoying.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          Daddy Long Legs actually aren't spiders. They're Opiliones (Harvestmen), which are distinguishable from spiders by having only one body segment and lacking venom.
          Sort of, there appears to be more than one entity with the nickname. Opiliones, which you've described and an actual spider breed with the nickname which is poisonous and fully capable of biting humans. It just generally can't be bothered (and if one takes Mythbusters at face value, their venom isn't that much of a threat to us).

Provided that the site's I've seen this story on are accurate anyway. It's 1:36 and I'm not intending to backtrack all the details.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Sort of, there appears to be more than one entity with the nickname. Opiliones, which you've described and an actual spider breed with the nickname which is poisonous and fully capable of biting humans. It just generally can't be bothered (and if one takes Mythbusters at face value, their venom isn't that much of a threat to us).

http://www.livescience.com/33625-dad...poisonous.html

Provided that the site's I've seen this story on are accurate anyway. It's 1:36 and I'm not intending to backtrack all the details.
            I was told daddy long legs could kill you, they're just (either) not aggressive/pincers arent sharp enough to pierce the skin/cant open their mouth wide enough to bite humans.

Hatched spiders nests are a nuisance. I had one cover my school desk in a matter of minutes. Spider web everywhere within 30 min. Destroyed stuff spraying the fuck out of them.
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Got to agree with Corvus here. Sort of difficult to give any idea's when we don't know where you are regionally, what the weather has been like there, or a picture of what the spider(s) in question look like.

It's like are there any webs of any sort around? That would give a clue as to the type of spider(s) you might be seeing. Figure there are many types of house spiders that love to hide in dark places and come out when its dark or emerge from their hiding places.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              I was told daddy long legs could kill you, they're just (either) not aggressive/pincers arent sharp enough to pierce the skin/cant open their mouth wide enough to bite humans.

Hatched spiders nests are a nuisance. I had one cover my school desk in a matter of minutes. Spider web everywhere within 30 min. Destroyed stuff spraying the fuck out of them.
              I've heard the story of the super poison that the Daddy Long legs is supposed to have. Though it interesting that such urban legends are there for a spider that has such a small mouth that they typically couldn't bite a human. As such not much science and study has been applied to them to see the toxicity of their venom. Still the legend gets passed from generation to generation even as many of us still pick them up and let them crawl over our hands.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Spiders are following me too... I mean literally. I go to the Ty Bach (outside loo) and there they are, running like hell across the yard, clambering through drains and whatnot to catch up with me. And I don't like them.

There is a huge raft spider that has taken up residence in out upstairs loo. I call him Tovarisch. (No idea why). He and I have a sort of understanding, a bit like we had with the Great Alfredo some years back.

I think we have a couple of false widows in our kitchen. Gloves are off with them though.
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

i like in kansas the weathers been ranging from 80-105 i have not seen andy nest or webs side note my boyfriends house is two towns over and i havent taken a picture of them because im a sissy and just try to get them off my arm but ill look on google

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version

Name:	20589966-tiny-white-crab-spider-on-green-leaf-with-yellow-background-in-spring-garden.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	352486kinda like this but a smaller butt and the size of a pencil tip

Comment

Working...
                  X