Finding my Path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding my Path?

Well I am very new to this and not very informed to say the least I am shying away from my christian roots for many reasons which I will explain. The reason I plan on converting is because I feel that a form of monotheist have become a far cry from the true intentions it has become filled with negativity and dislike towards other that do not follow one ideals. I for one dislike when someone tries to force there beliefs on me because I would do that to them I feel it is disrespectful towards one another's beliefs. I am republican, right wing on most things, I care about the environment we all should be good stewards while making money, progressive on others, I have a temper as red hot as they come lacking self control and need better daily guidance without the drama.

The one person I truly idolize is my grandfather for many reasons, He was the great generation, lost his father after he was born mother at 2, raised by his brothers and sister, Poor farm boy, Became vice president of a bank, Saved all his money, extremely thrifty reused remade never threw away anything, modest living style, never drove a black car until retirement viewed them unprofessional and was the definition of humble. The reason I am saying this that is the man I want to be I want to own my own business. I am lacking inner peace and self control of my emotions I feel there must be a better way to achieve this than what society dictates.

If anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask and I am probably forgetting stuff lol.
    -Thanks Brad.

Re: Finding my Path?

Welcome! I am pretty new here myself but have been a pagan/witch for about 11 years now. Is there a certain philosophy that you are interested in? What exactly do you believe in now, regarding the divine, spirits, the Fey...?

Comment

To be honest I am not really sure, The main reason Is I want to connect with who I am rather than who I am not. I am the outdoors man type, get my hands dirty hard work. I am not a fan of what I was raised up in and am expected to believe in I personally do not care for the monotheist based I am more into the polytheist type. As for spirits yes distilled corn whiskey and the ones you are referring to my room has plenty good ones and my garage has bad ones I guess.
      The fey if they like taking other peoples tools and causing mayhem sign me up.

As for the humor and wise cracks not my general mo but I am stressed it is my release I respect what you have to offer.

Comment

Hahaha no worries! So, polytheism, I can work with that. Are there any specific pantheons that you have a particular interest in? For me specifically, I worship Hecate as my go-to goddess, but I also worship the Egyptian, Norse, and other Greek gods. Mix and matching is not wrong, but some traditions have their own set of gods, like the Feri Tradition. I do not worship the gods of the orient or of the Native Americans because they do not speak to me.
        Also, what is your stance on witchcraft and magic? Are you willing to become a practitioner? Learning takes years and even then, nobody ever becomes a master of magic.
        Spirits include djinn, faeries, angels, demons, although both are sometimes considered minor deities, ghosts, nymphs... Think really hard and dig deep to really understand your connection with them, if you truly do not believe in them.
        For me, I believe wholeheartedly in them, but refuse to work with them, calling or summoning them, because that is a world of magic that I should not be apart of until I get over my fears.

Comment

Woodsman94......If it makes you feel any better, I too am starting the conversion process from Christian to something else. As I've read, and often heard from others, the journey is about where you fit in with what you believe now. I left the monotheistic practice of Christianity because it did not reflect my true self, although it did reflect the self I was "supposed to be"....according to how I was raised. I found that my inner peace diminished considerably when held to the impossible standards of the Christian faith, but have seemed to re-established themselves as I have taken control of my inner self. Wicca was easiest for me to start with, only because I am drawn to it and I happen to have a co-worker who practices. But that doesn't mean that Wicca is *THE* way, for as I am discovering....there are many ways to find what makes one happy. I am a gun toting, somewhat anti-government, Constitution believing, Libertarian And you are not alone!

Comment

Yeah im another chrisitanity reject lol i never fit into their box. I wish you luck on discovering your spiritual path.

Comment

I've done a series of videos (over fifty now) on spirituality and finding a path (I'm a solitary pagan witch, not a wiccan) - you might find some of them helpful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC48...v2ZAeAg/videos
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks everyone, At least I am not the only one that was never accepted in Christianity. Too many of my inner beliefs and ways to find peace conflict with what they find acceptable or worthy of being right.

Comment

Good for you, for breaking away from something you don't think fits you. I think many of us here in the forum have done the same from one thing or another.
                  (Personally I found Chrisitanity to be corrupt and oppressive, so I left too.)

Comment

Yes I also left Christianity if u can say I was ever a part of it , my grandma drug me to church from birth to like 12years of age , when it finally dawned on me that I was gay and my grandmother started talking about gays in a really negative way I started to question my grandmas religion she tried so hard to indoctrinate me into, I found out that its corrupt rarely makes sense and the church I went to was more of a fashion show for old people rather then a religious institution, and if your looking for another religion you will find near all of them represented here .
                    Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

I agree with the last two responses thats why I am leaving it behind. My beliefs are being free be yourself happiness is not given by giving but by having inner peace and doing what is right for yourself. I strongly believe in carpe diem and owning some land at some point and being one with it to put it in simple terms for now.

Comment

Well, a bit of well-intentioned advice - ya gotta make a livin' , too.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman94 View Post
                          I agree with the last two responses thats why I am leaving it behind. My beliefs are being free be yourself happiness is not given by giving but by having inner peace and doing what is right for yourself. I strongly believe in carpe diem and owning some land at some point and being one with it to put it in simple terms for now.
                          hey, carpe diem is great. gotta love it. if you want to be one with the land, and you say you are a woodsman, perhaps look into Druidry? I'm not a druid currently, but I was for a period of time. here is a website that might help
                          there's also a Wikipedia page on it if you want that.

as for polytheism, there are several gods and goddesses of the Earth, the harvest, trees, the land, etc. who you could consider working with. Cernunnos, Gaia, the Green Man, Demeter, just for starters. also, I've adapted some parts of Native American spirituality into my beliefs, which is also something you could look into if you want to be one with the land. you don't have to choose one path either, you can blend aspects of multiple paths if that's what feels right

Comment

Cannot quit your day job in school now so it just goes day to day taking it as it goes. Just learning and waiting till I am done to do that it would be more of a camp if anything weeekend escape the outdoors is where I feel happy.

Comment

Working...
                            X