This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Need of a Little Rune Help

Hello, all. A few things have been going on today, that sent me to consult my runes for a little bit of guidance. Unfortunately, after doing my casting, the emotional and mental state that I'm in has left me in not the right frame of mind to be able to interpret what I'm seeing at all. So, I'll give you a little run down of what I do for my castings, and give you the results, and see what your more level heads can come up with.

What I do is I hold the thought in my head of what it is that is troubling me, while I keep all of my runes in my hand together, until I simply "feel" it's the right time to cast them, which I do onto a large flat stone that I have carved a valknut into. I then go through and remove all the runes that are laying face down, and look at the ones remaining. If they are touching, I take that as meaning that they are meant to be read together (like a bindrune), and I read them left to right. So, here's what I got.

In one lump, all forming a chain of sorts (all connected by touch), and listed in order from top to bottom, left to right: Dagaz, Inguz, Raido, Othila, Kenaz, and Ehwaz.

Gebo, by itself.

Teiwaz, by itself.

Isa, by itself.

I hope that someone could help me make some sense of this for me.

Thanks for your help, in advance.

M&H

Wow whay a complicated reading! I've never heard of your way of casting. Its intriguing, I think I'll have to try it!

Given my lack of experience with your method, I really can't help you dicipher it. I will think on it though.

When you're back in your usual frame of mind though, I'd like to discuss your method with you

Best of luck!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: In Need of a Little Rune Help

I don't use runes for any sort of divining, because I don't feel that we are really meant to know what is to come, or what may come to be, for that matter. In the past, I had tried to use them as such, but every time the results were muddled, overly vague, and unhelpful. Now, I simply look for a little guidance and clarity.

The idea to do it this way came from various images that can be found in literature, film, and even the concept of "casting" them itself. Many times, we're presented with the idea of medicine-men/-women, seers, witches, etc. rattling handfuls of stones and bones before dropping or throwing them onto the ground, then reading the patterns. I decided to give it a try, and for the first time, found that I was able to get an understanding of what it was that the runes were trying to tell me. From there, I came up with my own way of interpreting how they fell and their relationships to each other.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I've been able to narrow down, for the most part, how the grouping of runes relate to each other, but still can't forge a concrete thought between them all.

Those first six all can be seen as having ties to combining of energy, infinity, groups, relationships, and getting things in order, with a bit of revelation thrown in. As for the last three, being on their own I can see clearer. Marriage, conflict, getting things in order, and preservation. That comes together easily, since I am in need of some guidance regarding a tense situation with my wife. Unfortunately, the key to it all, I feel, is in that first grouping.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        Hello, all. A few things have been going on today, that sent me to consult my runes for a little bit of guidance. Unfortunately, after doing my casting, the emotional and mental state that I'm in has left me in not the right frame of mind to be able to interpret what I'm seeing at all. So, I'll give you a little run down of what I do for my castings, and give you the results, and see what your more level heads can come up with.

What I do is I hold the thought in my head of what it is that is troubling me, while I keep all of my runes in my hand together, until I simply "feel" it's the right time to cast them, which I do onto a large flat stone that I have carved a valknut into. I then go through and remove all the runes that are laying face down, and look at the ones remaining. If they are touching, I take that as meaning that they are meant to be read together (like a bindrune), and I read them left to right. So, here's what I got.

In one lump, all forming a chain of sorts (all connected by touch), and listed in order from top to bottom, left to right: Dagaz, Inguz, Raido, Othila, Kenaz, and Ehwaz.

Gebo, by itself.

Teiwaz, by itself.

Isa, by itself.

M&H
        Without the context of the question/situation you are seeking guidance on, I don't feel like I can give you much feedback on the meaning of the casting. Context is important. Without that... it's just symbols in a pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

oIn one lump, all forming a chain of sorts (all connected by touch), and listed in order from top to bottom, left to right: Dagaz, Inguz, Raido, Othila, Kenaz, and Ehwaz.

Gebo, by itself.

Teiwaz, by itself.

Isa, by itself.

M&H
          Things are happening, changing, more rapidly than you were prepared for. Seeds you planted in the past are bearing fruit, but not exactly as you envisioned but in a more chaotic manner. Stay firmly 'in the ruts,' don't allow yourself to be side-tracked. This will take about a season to sort itself out; the next three months are also good for changing addresses, if that's something you've had in mind. You need to add a few 'arrows' to your quiver of job skills so you are better able to 'hunt down' what you need.

You can have whatever you want, as long as you're willing to put in the sweat and make the sacrifices necessary. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

Be mindful of any legal documents. Be certain the 'legalese' says precisely what you want it to say. Seek out competent counsel.

Be patient. It's not going to happen as fast as you want, but it'll happen faster than you worry it might.
          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
          Clan of my Clan
          Kin of my Kin
          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            Things are happening, changing, more rapidly than you were prepared for. Seeds you planted in the past are bearing fruit, but not exactly as you envisioned but in a more chaotic manner. Stay firmly 'in the ruts,' don't allow yourself to be side-tracked. This will take about a season to sort itself out; the next three months are also good for changing addresses, if that's something you've had in mind. You need to add a few 'arrows' to your quiver of job skills so you are better able to 'hunt down' what you need.

You can have whatever you want, as long as you're willing to put in the sweat and make the sacrifices necessary. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

Be mindful of any legal documents. Be certain the 'legalese' says precisely what you want it to say. Seek out competent counsel.

Be patient. It's not going to happen as fast as you want, but it'll happen faster than you worry it might.
            Thank you so very much, Rick. That really clears things up and makes quite a bit of sense! As it stands, My wife and I have been living apart for over the past year, as we are waiting for the okay from the government, regarding her Visa. Just recently, we were asked to provide more information so that could continue to process it. During all this time, we've had a number of arguments, some quite intense, but we've made it through. What led me to look for guidance was that we had another one of those serious fights, and things aren't looking positive.

I greatly appreciate your input.
            Last edited by Munin-Hugin; 27 Jul 2014, 04:24.

Comment

Aw, it's just what I do...
              I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
              Clan of my Clan
              Kin of my Kin
              Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
              And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Working...
              X