This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your alignment?

Odds are that if you are familiar with things like role-playing then you might very well be familiar with the nine alignment system. The nine alignment system is the general moral and ethical views of a character or person, and is formed of two words that can be split into three ethical categories; lawful, neutral, chaotic, and three moral categories; good, neutral, evil.

I thought it would be pretty interesting for users to highlight our own outlooks and alignments in real life, so I decided to make this thread a place for discussing our own views and alignments, as well as things related to the alignment system generally.

If you do not already know your alignment , then you can just click the link here and take a quiz which will place you on an alignment position based on your answers to its questions.

Additionally, I am also interested in seeing the reasons why we tend to lean towards certain alignments, and what we believe our alignments to mean. Feel free to go beyond simply stating your alignment and commenting and discussing the topic as well.

I fall under the alignment of Lawful Neutral.

"A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot."

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

This means, to me, that maintaining order, and the rule of law, as well as maintaining a strict adherence of the law, is placed at the forefront of my outlook. Things such as the moral good or evil are less of the foremost concern, and, in terms of morals and ethics, I tend to be driven more by my system of belief than by deciding certain things are good or bad. It means that the law is universally applied to all people, and that no one in any position is to be able to avoid the consequences of violating the law, regardless of they do so for good or evil intentions, although this does not mean that there cannot be reward for honourable actions along with said punishment.

Re: What's your alignment?

I tend to be true neutral, or neutral good.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Hearth and Hedge

Comment

If we take NWN2 as a guide, I start at True Neutral and end up as Lawful Good by the end.

Edit: The only way I'll accept the title Lawful Good is if we operate on Augustine's principle of

"An unjust law is no law at all."
        Last edited by MaskedOne; 27 Jul 2014, 06:51.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I would call myself chaotic good, but according to the little quiz, it's neutral good.

I'd say depends on the day.

Mostly art.

Comment

It says I'm Lawful Neutral... I guess it's good. Well, maybe it depends on the case.

- - - Updated - - -
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral Good.

Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

It makes sense with me, but I always figured myself caught somewhere between chaotic good and true neutral....there is always order within the chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                It says I'm Lawful Neutral... I guess it's good. Well, maybe it depends on the case.
                Lawful Neutrals unite! Let us bring a new era of strict law, order and organisation!

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post
                  Lawful Neutrals unite! Let us bring a new era of strict law, order and organisation!
                  Agreed. *Summons cats to watch over the area*
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Ah yes Lawful good,.....

Comment

Too many law abiding citizens in this thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	first-world-anarchists-funny-rebels-27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	352492
                      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

I got regular old neutral.

"A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion."

Aside from this "she" business, that's actually remarkably spot on to how I actually view things.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Lawful Good.
                          Lawful Good
                          A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.
                          --excerpted from the , Chapter 6
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I usually end up between lawful neutral and lawful evil wih these types of things.
                            Spoiler!

I almost feel like I need to explain myself.
                            Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                              I usually end up between lawful neutral and lawful evil wih these types of things.
                              * SPOILER *

I almost feel like I need to explain myself.
                              Cant see your spoiler on forumrunner

Lawful good for me.
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment