Black Scrying Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Scrying Mirrors

Hi, new member here, actually. So, I wanted to learn a bit more about black scrying mirrors. I've read up on them, but I was curious if anyone has had any experience with using one.

Re: Black Scrying Mirrors

HI, and welcome to PF.

I have used them with success in the past, but have yet to make another since I moved. What, specifically, do you wish to know further about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      HI, and welcome to PF.

I have used them with success in the past, but have yet to make another since I moved. What, specifically, do you wish to know further about them?
      Hi! So what would I expect when using them? I read the images just shift to the surface. I've only really used tarot, so I'm trying to figure out what I might see. Is it just your subconscious you see in the mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by CorvusCorax View Post
        Hi! So what would I expect when using them? I read the images just shift to the surface. I've only really used tarot, so I'm trying to figure out what I might see. Is it just your subconscious you see in the mirror?
        Well, it's been my experience that some people begin to almost instantly see things in them and others have to be more patient. As to 'what' you may see - it's anyone's guess.

My experience of using them is that the actual vision comes through after about 5-10 minutes - and after a phase of seeing what I'd describe as 'mist' or 'clouds' of grey in the visual field. Sometimes the 'images' are bright and clear - sometimes they're static, like a photograph, and other times they're moving images like a memory.

As to whether or not it's your subconscious at work - it's my belief that it can be your subconscious manifesting the 'images' you see in the mirror, or it can be an external presence depending upon your intention, skill, etc.

Comment

Many black mirrors can also be made using a black dye in water and scrying off the surface of the water. As to what you'll see, truthfully have heard to many differing opinions and statements to say a person will see _________. I know I at times will see B&W movies negatives played upon the water, other times just broken fragments of things or light reflections that cause my eyes and mind to martrix and see things in the reflections. Then sometimes all I see is blank ink that pulls me in and I am floating in space but see nothing.

To many parameters and influences to even say that what you see initially will be the same if you try it an hour later in how you see things.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
            Many black mirrors can also be made using a black dye in water and scrying off the surface of the water.
            This was the medium with which I initially learned. Just black acrylic paint (the cheap department store kind) in water in a small soapstone bowl.

Comment

Unless you're very interested in, say, an obsidian mirror, it's quite easy to make one of your own. I have one I made years ago that works wonderfully for me, if you want to test it out and see if you like it.

Buy a picture frame that has glass in the center. Paint one side of the glass with a thick layer of black paint. Let it dry, and put it back in the frame, painted side in. And that's it! I usually keep a candle burning or some low level light source and turn all the other lights off so as not to have a glare on the glass.

Comment

I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                Clan of my Clan
                Kin of my Kin
                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I would be very interested to hear your method, it sounds like it could be really good.
                  Amarres de Amor

Comment

Just wonder if a computer screen black not working anymore could be used for scrying. Have tried in flames, water and mirrors.

Comment

Would just painting a mirror black work?
                      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                        Just wonder if a computer screen black not working anymore could be used for scrying. Have tried in flames, water and mirrors.
                        Usually anything with a dark reflective surface works well, so yes, a black computer screen too.
                        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                          You can scry in basically anything reflective. I've used my phone screen on multiple occasions but I still find better results in natural mediums like fire.
                          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                            Would just painting a mirror black work?
                            Spray painting a glass frame can make an easy scrying mirror, indeed.
                            A dark bowl of water can be used for scrying, as well.
                            "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I've always wished I was better at this method of divination; for some reason, it's never worked so great for me. I've always had much better luck with either tarot cards or runes, but this way just sounds so much more direct or pure...

I have it on my list of things I want to work on

Comment

Working...
                              X