X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman had baby during lunch break

And then dumped it. Here we go!

Mother arrested after baby is found on a lawn two days after she gave birth to it during her lunch break then returned to her office and pretended nothing had happened

~Jolanta Czarnecka accused of attempted murder after leaving baby in field

~Court heard it was 'a miracle' the baby survived after being left for two days

~Czarnecka is now facing five years in jail if she is found guilty

A Polish woman has been accused of attempted murder after she gave birth in a field during her lunch break before leaving the baby and returning to work.
    A court in the Polish city of Ilawa heard it was 'a miracle' the baby survived after being left in the field for two days as temperatures rose to over 30C.
    The child's mother Jolanta Czarnecka, 30, said she had not wanted to be pregnant and had kept it secret by wearing loose fitting dresses and pretending she had put on weight.

Prenatal sauce

Once again, it was the comments that inspired this post:
    "Reading this...It must be so wonderful to be so very perfect....you have no idea why she did this...It's so easy to pass judgement ...she needs support not hanging!"

Now, if this was a teen girl who had no sense and afraid what her parents would say, I would maaaaaaaaaybe understand.

But this gal is 30. I pass judgement. What say you?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Woman had baby during lunch break

5 years isn't enough, in my opinion. I say the opposite of the comment above. Hanging, definitely. If she was ready to take a life of HER OWN BABY, not just a person, why should HER life be spared?

- - - Updated - - -

She could find a place at least, to the baby. In the beginning it could be in the hospital, later on - somewhere else.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      And then dumped it. Here we go!

Prenatal sauce

"Reading this...It must be so wonderful to be so very perfect....you have no idea why she did this...It's so easy to pass judgement ...she needs support not hanging!"

Now, if this was a teen girl who had no sense and afraid what her parents would say, I would maaaaaaaaaybe understand.

Judged.

Horrible person.
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

She left an infant out intending for the child to die by exposure. The only reason that I'm not in favor of literal hanging is that I have a general rule against executions for actions that don't directly kill anyone and she isn't an exception, yet. If the child dies in the hospital due to anything that a drunk DA can imagine is connected to her 48 hours in a field then I'm all for upping the charge straight to murder.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Now I don't know anything about the woman or her situation in specifics, as it is Daily Mail's wont it gives absolutely no details whatsoever, so I'll comment in general terms here.

Do any of you have any idea how Catholic Poland is? If you think sex-ed in the US is ridiculous you should see the Polish version, plus obtaining stuff that will prevent you from getting pregnant is difficult even in big cities and nearly impossible when you get even into the suburbs.
          Abortion? Unless the mother's life was in danger, she had been subjected to rape or incest, or if the foetus was severely malformed that isn't going to happen. (And even in these cases getting an abortion can be nearly impossible in most parts of the country).
          Finally giving the child over to someone else? Unless this happened in one of the cities where the hospital has a baby hatch (there are only 47 in the entire country and I don't know if Ilawa has one, "strangely" this information is kept fairly hush-hush) you might as well give up finding a hospital that will accept a mother abandoning her child.

So if the woman didn't want the child, for whatever reason, she may literally not have any other option than to do as she did. Is it a good thing? No. But it is a fact of life Polish women have to live with, if they get unwanted pregnant often their only option is to abandon the child whether they're 13 or 30.
          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

So are you going to stand behind that and let her get a pass in the justice system? Crimes are committed. For lots of reasons. It's still a crime AND with a victim. Once you have a victim you must face the punishment.

Comment

My problem isn't solely that she abandoned a child. Child abandonment I can tolerate* so long as it's done in such a way that the abandoning party has strong reason to believe the child will be located and cared for by a third party. It's leaving the child in a field to die by exposure that has me looking for blades to sharpen. There are pointed limits to my understanding, sympathy and compassion, unless a supremely compelling detail comes up to demand re-evaluation, she's surpassed mine.

* won't necessarily be happy about it but I can put up with a lot of things that aggravate me and worse actions have been performed.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

This happens here in the USA too, and most if not all states have a "safe haven" law, meaning you can leave a baby at a certain place, usually hospital, police station, etc., no questions asked. There was a case in NJ some years back where a girl gave birth in the rest room during her senior prom, left the baby there, and went back to the dance floor. The press nicknamed her "Prom Mom". It seems like a lot of people in that situation are disconnected from reality.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I found out Poland has safe hatches for newborns as well. In fact it seems Europe has been doing this since the middle ages.

Comment

IMHO, it's unacceptable, no matter what her excuse is. If she's not completely dysfunctional due to some form of mental illness, then she knew what she was doing. I can't believe that 5 years' prison time is the potential punishment.

Comment

So are you going to stand behind that and let her get a pass in the justice system? Crimes are committed. For lots of reasons. It's still a crime AND with a victim. Once you have a victim you must face the punishment.
                      You know who I'd like to put on trial in this? The sh%t-head politicians and inhuman religious leaders who created and perpetuates this system.

As for the baby-hatches, I mentioned them in my previous post too. The problem is that there aren't a lot of them and it is nearly impossible to find out where the hatches that exist are actually located. Plus the information that they exist rarely get out to the people who need them (this is a whole shit storm about how Poland has been trying to lower the number of abandoned children to look good in the eyes of the EU. But if I start up there this is going to become yet another political rant.)
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

What say you?
                        I say - She's probably mentally ill.

Knee jerk reaction is to think she's a soulless harpie with a heart the size of a quark...but my guess is it is more complex than that.

Comment

Judgement: passed.

*aside: judgement on the quoted pile of defensive-rubbish *comment*? I pass that, too. Just sayin'.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                            You know who I'd like to put on trial in this? The sh%t-head politicians and inhuman religious leaders who created and perpetuates this system.

As for the baby-hatches, I mentioned them in my previous post too. The problem is that there aren't a lot of them and it is nearly impossible to find out where the hatches that exist are actually located. Plus the information that they exist rarely get out to the people who need them (this is a whole shit storm about how Poland has been trying to lower the number of abandoned children to look good in the eyes of the EU. But if I start up there this is going to become yet another political rant.)
                            I agree. Then I will add.

We live in a world where on a daily basis laws and politics affect our very existence. Rules get passed down daily I can't keep up.

You won't find me ditching my newborn in a field to die and then go back to work and deny I'm feeling ill. Sorry. You just won't. Once I fucked up, I deal with it and put the blame of the responsibility solely on my own shoulders. I laid down knowing full well the world I live in.

Comment

Working...
                            X