Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have have a spell they would recommend to enhance artistic abilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone have have a spell they would recommend to enhance artistic abilities?

@SleepingCompass. I wouldn't take the 'just practice' comments too seriously if that doesn't sit well with your own beliefs. They're only trying to be helpful and coming from their own perspective. That, and I suspect they may have misunderstood that difference between a spell for talent where there was none, and a spell to enhance inspiration, which is related to, but not at all the same thing as talent.

We all know we have to practice, and that clearly includes the OP, who clearly stated they practice all the time. Where I've fallen flat in the past was confusing the difference between studying and practicing.. this applies as much to studying witchcraft as it does to my language studies... I repeatedly forget the 'doing' part in favour of the 'reading part', and assume accumulated knowledge is synonymous with skill. So in my case a spell to remind me to close the book and open my mouth would probably be handy!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Re: Does anyone have have a spell they would recommend to enhance artistic abilities?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      @SleepingCompass. I wouldn't take the 'just practice' comments too seriously if that doesn't sit well with your own beliefs. They're only trying to be helpful and coming from their own perspective. That, and I suspect they may have misunderstood that difference between a spell for talent where there was none, and a spell to enhance inspiration, which is related to, but not at all the same thing as talent.

We all know we have to practice, and that clearly includes the OP, who clearly stated they practice all the time. Where I've fallen flat in the past was confusing the difference between studying and practicing.. this applies as much to studying witchcraft as it does to my language studies... I repeatedly forget the 'doing' part in favour of the 'reading part', and assume accumulated knowledge is synonymous with skill. So in my case a spell to remind me to close the book and open my mouth would probably be handy!
      Boy talk about assumption on your part. Inspiration will not give talent where there was none to begin with, or change ones level of talent. It may appear to be your opus and all but still be seen as crap by anyone who hears it, observes / views it, reads it or tastes it.

Sad, truly recognized great artist say they get inspiration and their ability to transform it from inspiration into reality often leaves them lacking and failing to create from it. Yet you see it or facsimiles of it on pagan boards all the time asking for inspiration and to have the gods / goddesses guide their hands or inspire them with a talent they didn't have to begin with. Then many times followed with the well it didn't work so the god / goddess must not have wanted me to do it crap.

You skilled or your not that simple. An apple seed will grow into an apple tree, it can not grow into an orange or pear as that is not what it was meant to be. Artistic skill is the same, you have it to some degree and that's as far as you will progress. These type threads always make me think of the kid who practices sports, music, etc all their life and think they will become something special because they are told they are special only to discover the world is full of special people and only a very limited few will ever achieve greatness and recognition. And the ones who do you never hear of them using spells or prayers to do it, if the gods, goddesses or GOD intervenes its because they tried so hard and pushed not because they said they asked for it.

But i'm sure all the published authors, or touring world famous musicians or world recognized painters / sculptures will jump into this thread and say how they became famous and gained inspiration from spells or such. Oh wait, they always say they got inspiration from their lives, things they've seen and done or places they visited or their beliefs in something which inspires them. But then again that tends to fall under self motivation and self inspiration and a will to manifest things.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I'm just going to relate something I read years ago, it was a study who compared professional German violinists as to how many hours they had practised while initially studying the violin vs. what position they filled - i.e. solo violinist, orchestra violinist and those who taught the violin. The differences was startling. Solo violinists practised 7+ hours daily, orchestra violinists 4-6 hours daily and the teachers less than three hours a day. And mark, these hours were in excess to what they practised in music academy. The soloists did not initially (that is before attending music academy) display any more or less talent than those who ended up teachers, the only difference that could be seen was in how many hours they were willing to spend on it each day.

Obviously if you have a tin ear you'll never be a musician of any sort, but as long as you have even a smidgen of an ear for music practise is the only thing that really determines how far you will go.
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I don't believe in "talent".

You can learn anything. Sure, some people may have a knack, a certain way of looking at the world that offers them a step ahead of the next guy...but that is all it is...a step (in some cases, a big one). If you don't practice, "talent" is nothing. If you want to be good at something, you have to do it over and over and over. Period.

If you want to be great at something, you have to do it over and over and over and over and over and over. Then repeat. Period.

If you want to be among the best, you have to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Then repeat. Then sacrifice just about every creature comfort in the hopes that you eventually get lucky and someone notices you. Generally, for this to work, you have to have the will and the drive to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

If you want fame, you don't even have to be good at something (though it can help), you just need to be unique and shameless.

But, practice is no protection from rough patches. Even the best have bad days. No matter how great you are at something, sometimes you fall down. Sometimes you psych yourself out. Sometimes you have writers block. Sometimes you feel like your work is a bit stale. Sometimes there's a funk and you're parked in a rut. Sometimes you need an edge, even if its all in your head. And if magic can't help that, then what's the point?
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Pray to the Muses, then work like a maniac.

Or, go to the crossroads and sell your soul to de debil.

There is talent, but it is vastly over rated. More important are desire and "vision."
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              There is talent, but it is vastly over rated. More important are desire and "vision."
              I'm inclined to go with this. Granting that my perspective is programming, not art (temporarily ignoring a line from a movie that I agree with), talent is mostly the difference between figuring out how to do something in 2 hours and figuring it out in 10-20. If you know what you need and are determined enough then barring outside meddling, you'll eventually succeed.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Have you thought about using sigil magic? Being an artist, this may be right up your alley.
                There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it. - John Coughlin

Comment

Originally posted by AntonBRaxas View Post
                  Have you thought about using sigil magic? Being an artist, this may be right up your alley.
                  Oh wow that's a really good idea! Could drawing mandalas help too?

Comment

Working...
                  X