X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoopi Goldberg: It's Your Right To Hit A Woman If She Hits You First

Re: Whoopi Goldberg: It's Your Right To Hit A Woman If She Hits You First

Yes. He has a right.

Now let me explain. I have a right to fart on a bus.
    I have the right to wear purple hair to a court appearance.
    I have the right to wear adult diapers and take pics of myself and post them on facebook for all to see.

Get it?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Somehow provoked is grey. I lived with an asshole for 6 years who liked to play the beat on you game. I provoked every so often, I know this. Most times I didn't. I certainly didn't provoke the night my bones got cracked.

Anyway. If I hit you ... sure, hit me back. I start physical with you, all bets off. Man woman, gender to me is meaningless at that point.

"Somehow provoked" is grey, though.

Comment

Somehow provoked. Like when I'm on my period and you accidentally let me catch you breathing. Like that.

Comment

My position on this flip-flops over the years so I'll just take the constant portion and ignore the variables.

If you are an active and determined threat to my health or freedom or the health or freedom of those under my protection then I can and will use whatever means I see fit to resolve that threat up to and including brute force. It does not matter if you are male, female, neuter or a hermaphrodite, by making yourself a determined threat to something under my protection, you forfeit the normal protections afforded by my morality and honor.

If you are not a threat (regardless of whether you're trying to be a threat, you have to actually be one), then different rules apply. What the specific rules are changes based on who you are, how you're provoking me and my thought process upon the given year but you retain some protections from my conscience as long as I don't feel that you are an active and determined threat. I will also point out that I have other options than meeting blows in kind. I have very few qualms with pinning anyone and lecturing them on their bad manners. Pins and locks don't have to be followed up with injury but being stuck in one for an extended period is damned irritating and being stuck in one and listening to a 15 minute lecture on why one is a moron should hopefully discourage a repeat performance of the same idiocy.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            My position on this flip-flops over the years so I'll just take the constant portion and ignore the variables.

If you are an active and determined threat to my health or freedom or the health or freedom of those under my protection then I can and will use whatever means I see fit to resolve that threat up to and including brute force. It does not matter if you are male, female, neuter or a hermaphrodite, by making yourself a determined threat to something under my protection, you forfeit the normal protections afforded by my morality and honor.

If you are not a threat (regardless of whether you're trying to be a threat, you have to actually be one), then different rules apply. What the specific rules are changes based on who you are, how you're provoking me and my thought process upon the given year but you retain some protections from my conscience as long as I don't feel that you are an active and determined threat. I will also point out that I have other options than meeting blows in kind. I have very few qualms with pinning anyone and lecturing them on their bad manners. Pins and locks don't have to be followed up with injury but being stuck in one for an extended period is damned irritating and being stuck in one and listening to a 15 minute lecture on why one is a moron should hopefully discourage a repeat performance of the same idiocy.
            What? Is that a yes or a no? LOL

For me, yeah try it, bullet between the eyes will shut your male or female ass up.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Yes or no dang it!

I won't hit a woman, but I'll sure shake the sh*t out of her.

Comment

It's not a binary choice, you don't get a binary answer. The answer is maybe.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have NEVER been in a fight with someone bigger than me. Mostly the fights I have been in end with me picking them up and then letting them go once they stop struggling.

The full nelson hasn't failed me yet. It works on men, women, children, the elderly... Anything with armpits that is moving when you would prefer that they not move.

Punching a woman, might get me into trouble even if I was defending myself. Picking her up until she calms down, then letting her go? No harm, no foul.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

Picking her up until she calms down, then letting her go? No harm, no foul.
                    Lolololololol.........oh boy....lololol....eh...lol.

Have you ever tried to put a cat in a tub? That's what its like to hold a woman 'till she calmed down'
                    NEVER TRY THAT!

Please. I worry for your safety!

Comment

People shouldn't hit each other. If there are any other choices, any other way out of hitting someone else, do that instead.

But yeah, if someone hits you, and you have no other options available, hit them back.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Please, no woman can scratch up my arms more than the blackberries in my yard. I'm like a skarmory, I've developed skin of iron.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I'm too lazy to read the article but my answer based on the simple question is 'yes'. If someone hits you, you have the right to hit them back. That's not to say that's the SMART course of action... because lets face it... hitting someone back is rarely going to end the argument in an amenable manner. It's also not to say that if someone slaps you, you have the right to hit them with a crowbar... there are limits, obviously.

What I hate is the inequality when it comes to spousal abuse. Women abuse men. Wives abuse husbands. Women hit men. Women throw shit at men. Women fly into hysterics and yell and scream and hit and scratch and tear at people's hair. And they usually get away with it. But a man lays a finger on a woman? I dislike the double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            Please, no woman can scratch up my arms more than the blackberries in my yard. I'm like a skarmory, I've developed skin of iron.
                            OMG yes. When I was little we had a small blackberry bush. Like small. But I would go in. Thorns and all. All red fingers half blood half sweet mary mother of god juice!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Lolololololol.........oh boy....lololol....eh...lol.

Have you ever tried to put a cat in a tub? That's what its like to hold a woman 'till she calmed down'
                              NEVER TRY THAT!

Please. I worry for your safety!
                              Cat/tub/worry for safety = LMFAO!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X