Asking the Gods for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asking the Gods for help

In my experience, a lot of the time you can come up with all sorts of connections, or ways that your patron/patroness could help you with a particular issue. asking the war god for wealth has already been addressed. it's similar to that. they are gods: even if they have a very specific dominion, it's likely that their dominion can connect somehow to whatever it is that you need.

my patron is Apollo, and most of the time, he's the one I ask for help. Apollo has a pretty large dominion, so it's usually not hard for me to find a connection there. but even if I need help with something that isn't usually associated with him, I usually ask him just because he is my patron and I know he can help me. he has in the past, several times. sometimes, if I think about the issue a bit, I realize there is someone else I could ask who might be able to help as well, and I consider asking them if it's their dominion. but mostly, in my experience, I find that your patron is always willing to help you out, even if it's not really their area of expertise.

I think it's really up to you, actually. you decide if you're more comfortable asking your patron for help outside their dominion, or of you'd rather ask a god you don't really know that well.

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
      I think asking out of a gods dominion won't reap the same rewards as asking for something in there power for example you wouldn't ask Odin for help in your love life but if you flip it and ask what should be done to help your relationship then it should have netter results since Odin is a god of wisdom . I think it really depends on what and how u ask them.
      Wouldn't ask Odin for help in your love life? Dude, you've just negated your own argument. Odin nailed just about every goddess and giantess known to him. In the Havamal (The Sayings of Har, Har being a kenning for Odin), the sixteenth rune charm is about how to seduce women. Might wanna re-think that example, just sayin'.
      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
      Clan of my Clan
      Kin of my Kin
      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        Wouldn't ask Odin for help in your love life? Dude, you've just negated your own argument. Odin nailed just about every goddess and giantess known to him. In the Havamal (The Sayings of Har, Har being a kenning for Odin), the sixteenth rune charm is about how to seduce women. Might wanna re-think that example, just sayin'.
        Thanks I didn't see that until now . And yes I see your point guess u learn something new everyday .
        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

If you feel something is out of your patron's scope ask for guidance. They can direct you to a deity that can help.

Comment

I have been praying and asking for help and guidance from God. But sometimes i confused like is it selfish to always be asking for something?
            Amarres de Amor

Comment

Originally posted by Petra Filiz View Post
              I have been praying and asking for help and guidance from God. But sometimes i confused like is it selfish to always be asking for something?
              No, it's not selfish. But you should try to be independent. It's ok to ask for health, wealth, well being, happiness. But nobody, even a god, will not give you anything if you don't try to reach your purpose by yourself in some cases, when it's possible.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I absolutely agree with and believe this. Not to blow my own vertubenfluben, but I rarely ever ask for anything, except for protection (usually from my own stupidity) to guide me, and help with some task. There's the saying "God helps those who help themselves". I think the deities like that.
                śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

I only think it's selfish if you're only asking for help and not thanking them, doing offerings/praise, so on. As far as asking outside of their domain, I try to stick within a particular entity's domain if I need help with something. If none of them work for it, I'll ask an unfamiliar deity but try to speak a little to them first, or at least do an offering first.
                  “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” -- Bruce Lee

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                  X