This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Cognition

So the other day I was driving to a storage unit a few towns over. I was behind a truck with two mattresses held to the bed of the truck with a strap. I randomly started to think what I would do if they came loose, and decided I would probably pull off to the right side of the highway. So a minute or two goes by and the strap does come loose ( mattress does not fall out thankfully) and the truck in front of me pulls off to the right. Now maybe that was a coincidence, I try to reason things out before jumping to "non scientific" causes, but this is not the first time I have had precognitive experiences. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend any books, or techniques they have used to strengthen this kind of thing.

Re: Pre Cognition

ooh, that's an interesting question. I've had precognitive experiences myself, however, I don't know of any books on the subject... meditation usually helps strengthen things like that though.

Comment

The human mind is an amazing thing. We constantly process information, usually on an unconscious level. Your senses take in a huge amount of information, the majority of which passes without conscious notice. However parts of your mind do process information you are not consciously aware of. Precognition experiences have been theorized to be the product of this process. It's extremely common but most people brush it off as coincidence and pay no mind to it. Precognition in the short term, I believe, is this and is more advanced intuition than magic.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
        ooh, that's an interesting question. I've had precognitive experiences myself, however, I don't know of any books on the subject... meditation usually helps strengthen things like that though.
        What sort of experiences?
        I have had two that involved dreaming, once I met someone before I knew them in real life, the other I saw someone say something to a teacher and the next day it happened. A few that involved wondering about something, and the image of the answer of whatever I was questioning would appear in my head. For example wondering where my manager was and had a short vision of him walking around a corner, next minute he does that wearing the same clothes as I had pictured. Many times were I would be thinking of a phrase, response, or about a certain subject, and someone I was around either says the exact same thought or brings up the subject. For the longest time I was worried I was delusional but it seems that this is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          The human mind is an amazing thing. We constantly process information, usually on an unconscious level. Your senses take in a huge amount of information, the majority of which passes without conscious notice. However parts of your mind do process information you are not consciously aware of. Precognition experiences have been theorized to be the product of this process. It's extremely common but most people brush it off as coincidence and pay no mind to it. Precognition in the short term, I believe, is this and is more advanced intuition than magic.
          I agree with this. I think this is what controls things like pendulums as well. Minds are awesome
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I relate. Still waiting to meet some one I dreamed last fall. I can tell the difference by the way the dream feels. And I don't dream just any old body, it's always some one who will be important in my life. In waking life I call them out-of-time experiences, and they used to scare me because it would happen without my consent. I think I have control over that now, which is a good thing. I have not shared this with many people because they don't understand. I now seem to be in control enough to choose whether I see, but I have no control over what I see. It was never a very frequent occurrence anyway. The just knowing a thing is about to happen I think of as intuition. Even now my rational mind tries to override those instincts, and usually I have only a few minutes to act. No easy thing to trust one's instincts.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
            X