This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past Life Visions?

okay, so a little while ago (read: two months ago) I had a couple of visions that I really think were about past lives I've had. Which I guess means I believe in reincarnation now... I wasn't sure about it before. The visions were just like memories, except that they showed things I have never done in this life, things I've never even come close to doing, and I could tell from people's clothing and the surroundings and some other things that it was a different time period. The first vision/memory showed a scene from France, 1832, and the second one showed Spain, 1944 or '45. I can detail the visions if you guys want to hear about those. But what do people think about all this? Is it plausible that they are memories from a past life?

Re: Past Life Visions?

There's a theory how there might be one or more parts of our brains that contain deeply suppressed memories of our past lives. I don't doubt that we have been reincarnated many times. Kids are becoming wiser and wiser and growing up faster and faster.
    What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

I had another one. I think it was also Spanish, from the same past life as the other Spanish vision. I've been doing some research on it and I think I've figured out a bit about who I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale View Post
        okay, so a little while ago (read: two months ago) I had a couple of visions that I really think were about past lives I've had. Which I guess means I believe in reincarnation now... I wasn't sure about it before. The visions were just like memories, except that they showed things I have never done in this life, things I've never even come close to doing, and I could tell from people's clothing and the surroundings and some other things that it was a different time period. The first vision/memory showed a scene from France, 1832, and the second one showed Spain, 1944 or '45. I can detail the visions if you guys want to hear about those. But what do people think about all this? Is it plausible that they are memories from a past life?
        Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I personally don't think I am a believer in reincarnation in particular because there are other hypothesises that can makes sens too depeding on the situation. I want you to take a look at them if you wish.

- False memory

The name says it all. Research in Psychology have shown that Humans do create false memory a lot more often than we think. I had this kind of experience myself, I think I dreamed about a particular event and at some point I thought it was real, that I had really experienced it and I was very confused about it to be honest. After some time, I finally was able to distinguish that this was but a dream and nothing else.

For more information on this: http://psychology.about.com/od/finde...definition.htm

- Universal Mind or Universal Consciousness

This goes back to the panpsychism philosophy. The idea is that every single consitutents of the Universe, material/immaterial, past/present/future, every memory and cousciousness are somehow linked together and form the ''thoughts'' of the Universal mind. They all derive from the same source. It is believed that one individual, as part of this universal mind, may possibly have access to glimpses of such ''thoughts''.

I don't know if I explain it well so I will quote wikipedia:

''Universal mind may be defined as the nonlocal and atemporalhive mind of all aggregates, components, knowledges, constituents, relationships, personalities, entities, technologies, processes and cycles of the Universe.[clarification needed][citation needed]

The nature of the Universal mind is omniscient, omnipotent, omnificent and omnipresent.[citation needed]

It's also the human nature. It's believed that one has access to all knowledge, known and unknown. Through the Universal Mind, people have access to an infinite power; one then is able to tap into the limitless creativity of the One. All these attributes are present within one at all times in their potential form.'''

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_mind

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panpsychism
        Last edited by Wonder; 17 Aug 2014, 19:04.

Comment

Great post Wonder, thanks for the good info.

Every since I was a kid I've always felt very familiar with western US or desert landscapes even though I've never been around them much.

Comment

I believe in reincarnation but i cant say ive had a dream about my past life. It is possible there are ways to reconnect with to those memorys.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
              I believe in reincarnation but i cant say ive had a dream about my past life. It is possible there are ways to reconnect with to those memorys.
              I wish I could help you more. I'm not sure what I did to make my visions come, they just sort of... happened. It was in the middle of the day, and I was awake when it happened. I've heard that sometimes hypnosis helps with these things, so it's up to you if you want to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by loststarshine View Post
                Mugwort is an incredible dream booster for me, don't know if it wil help for that at all though. Cheap enough to give it a try though.

I can't say I've ever had any visions of a past life or hints of what things may have been, I do know at times in life, I've encounter emotions, thoughts, and feelings that are familiar, but are not attached to this self, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X