This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duotheistic but not Wiccan?

Hello all! I'm new the site and sort of new to Paganism. Before beginning to research Paganism seriously, I knew that I was polytheistic, but that I couldn't personally connect to any of the specific Gods and Goddesses that Greek and Celtic pagans (for example) worship. Aka, pantheon worshipping just isn't my thing.

I found myself drawn to the idea of a God and Goddess ruling in tandem. Then, I discovered Wicca, and found out that that's what they believe as well! However, after looking more into Wicca, I realized that I didn't identify with the label and some of the practices weren't for me.

I also discovered PagansPathway, who practices Lythia, but I can't find ANY sources other than him (the book about it was also written by him) that describe it. But wow, what he's described on his blog and videos fits my beliefs extremely well. I especially like the idea of fasting throughout the year as he does for the God and Goddess.

Anyway. Are there any other neopagan sects that worship the God and Goddess similarly to the way that Wiccans do? I believe in a God and Goddess who are consorts and are not of any specific pantheon (that I know of?) if that makes any sense at all!

Re: Duotheistic but not Wiccan?

Well...

1) Every religion starts with someone. Not having looked into it, this Lythia thing sounds like a person that has developed their own path and codified it somewhat to share with others (not unlike how Wicca originated). There might not *be* any other sources.

2) There are duotheists that are not Wiccan--generally eclectic Pagans with a Wiccan-ish theological outlook (also, duotheism in ecclectic Wicca is often combined with soft polytheism). No other traditions that I can think of off the top of my head, that are duotheist.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Duotheistic but not Wiccan?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Well...

1) Every religion starts with someone. Not having looked into it, this Lythia thing sounds like a person that has developed their own path and codified it somewhat to share with others (not unlike how Wicca originated). There might not *be* any other sources.

2) There are duotheists that are not Wiccan--generally eclectic Pagans with a Wiccan-ish theological outlook (also, duotheism in ecclectic Wicca is often combined with soft polytheism). No other traditions that I can think of off the top of my head, that are duotheist.
      Thanks for your thoughts! My outlook is definitely similar to what you described and I accept that I don't need a specific label for everything. :P

Comment

Working...
      X