X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Music

Originally posted by Pagan_Jew View Post
    I use Pandora a lot and I was wondering if anyone could point to any artists or songs that is particularly Pagan-y to them, especially if they relate to paganism directly.
    Best thing to do is make an Enya station! It will show you wonderful, peaceful, Pagan-y music.

Comment

S.J. Tucker has some pretty amazing stuff. Really speaks to my animal soul and makes me want to dance under the moon

A pretty mainstream one, compared to these other suggestions, but Type O Negative has some neo-pagan themed music. The album October Rust, in particular. The Green Man is a pretty neat song from that album, but that might just be my love of that particular archetypal symbol talking.

Comment

The band Desert Wind is really good. "From The Goddess" is my favorite song by them.
        Denean-"Fire Prayer". This song makes me cry. It is so beautiful.
        -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I really like The Moon and the Nightspirit, Faun, Eivor, Almara, Omnia, and Arkona. I only own two albums from all the above (most of my current listening is done on youtube) but I'll be steadily expanding my collection over time.

Comment

Just found this tonight. I am really enjoying 'Brighid' http://www.paganmusic.co.uk/blog/

Comment

I have to say the album "Mother Earth" by Within Temptation always got my motor running (the song Mother Earth is what actually turned me into a pagan fanatic. lol)

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Ukrainian music video

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

First of all, I can't believe no-one has posted Agalloch yet. If you're in to folk metal at all, you've got to know them as they're near the best out there. Look up "Into the painted gray" and "In the shadow of our pale companion," two of their best songs.

Also, another band that's NOT metal, and not exactly pagan, but has a very earthy pagan feel to it: Fleet Foxes. They write songs about the earth and humans and simple things. They also use a variety of folk instruments, and their songwriting skills are superb. I've been obsessed with them for the last few weeks because their songs always make me feel a little closer to the earth, happy and sad at the same time. I can't describe it properly, just check them out!

Comment

The Cruxshadows have a lot of occult and pagan themes in their music and get quite spiritual. Whether you're trying to stir thought or get further in touch with the divine, they are excellent.

Comment

There's several Pagan bands I love listening to, honestly.

Like there's Velvet Hammer. Velvet Hammer has to be one of my most favorite Pagan bands I've ever listened to in my life. I especially love "Come Down" and "Four Directions".

I also love listening to Damh the Bard. One of my favorite songs by him is "Spirit of Albion", and then there's "Cauldron Born"...

Another thing I like to do is look for Pagan radio stations on the internet. I used to love listening to Pagan Radio Network, but that one shut down... Now I'm looking for other Pagan radio stations to listen to that have just as much variety as PRN did.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrel
                        Where can I download some good Pagan music for free?
                        I think long gone are the days of free music download websites. Your best bet would be to search for pagan musicians by name, and see if they post any free downloads on their official website or the record label's website. Otherwise, there's plenty of pagan music on youtube, you can just look up one musician and scroll through all the recommended videos on the side, and collect a playlist of it.

If those options don't seem appealing, all that's left is to do the proper thing and support the musicians by buying their music. Music takes time, and to give musicians more time to make music, and less time working their "actual" money making jobs, buying their music is the best thing one can do.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                          I think long gone are the days of free music download websites. Your best bet would be to search for pagan musicians by name, and see if they post any free downloads on their official website or the record label's website. Otherwise, there's plenty of pagan music on youtube, you can just look up one musician and scroll through all the recommended videos on the side, and collect a playlist of it.

If those options don't seem appealing, all that's left is to do the proper thing and support the musicians by buying their music. Music takes time, and to give musicians more time to make music, and less time working their "actual" money making jobs, buying their music is the best thing one can do.
                          Exactly. I generally refuse to even buy mp3s unless what I'm looking for is long out of print. It really irks me when people call themselves fans and have not spent so much as a single cent upon the music of the artist they claim to enjoy the works of.

Comment

How about Faun? They're pretty good. Or Wendy Rule, some of her stuff is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDorothy View Post
                              I have to say the album "Mother Earth" by Within Temptation always got my motor running (the song Mother Earth is what actually turned me into a pagan fanatic. lol)
                              You have good taste.
                              I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDorothy View Post
                                Haha I love that album!

Comment

Working...
                                X