This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for answers!!!

Hello I am new to this site I came here in hope I could try to find some information I have been looking for. Does anyone know anything about "Red Dragons" ? I am not sure what they are and I have been looking all over the place for they information. All I know is that they are people. This is a topic that keeps popping up in my life and multiple people have been telling me it is very important for me to learn this information. If anyone knows anything about this, or where I can find this information that would be great.

Re: Looking for answers!!!

The only Red Dragon I am aware of pertains to a serial killer or a role playing game. So I highly doubt that is what your looking for though.

If you could give us some info on what it means to you and how its used we might be better able to answer your question. Figure you might be calling something Red Dragon and others have a different name for the same thing.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Are you by any chance from New York? The reason I ask is because The Red Dragons is a no-so-secret society from NYU's college of arts and sciences, and has been kicking around for over 100 years or so.

Comment

No I am not from New York. I know what you are talking about though coming across it during my searches. Anyway about a year or two ago someone from my past popped and he told me that I was a Red Dragon. I just shrugged it off cause he went a bit off his rocker. It's a couple of year since the first time someone told me that and now my friend has been talking about me to the new people in her life and describing my personality and the things that I do (I'm not exactly sure about what was said.) But someone in her new circle of people who says they are a red dragon told her that I am one. I asked him what it meant and all he said was "You have to find that information for yourself." So, someone told me in the city I live in and someone else half way across the country. I feel it is worth looking into. But because there are so many things with that title the NYU society, Hannibal, games, cards, flags. I'm not having very much luck.

Comment

The Welsh Dragon is red...
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Just as an aside though but there is another possibility here. You (OP) might be looking for a group or idea when its being applied to a characteristic of something. As such being a dragon is not about some group or visible identification but a manner of speaking, acting or thinking.

Consider for instance I am told I am a cross between a dragon (draconic) and a cat (feline) in nature. I have the rigidness and unforgiving nature of the dragon with its strict sense of things and workings but also the more flowing and nocturnal nature of the cat. Granted I am more often than not the draconic side of things and as such come across as an arse to people because I am not as forgiving of things or how I express them. So people will say I remind them of the dragon nature but not fully dragon either. Sometimes it is a compliment to be told your dragon like, other times its a slam for it means your strict, marked by rules and structure and use knowledge as a measure of somethings worth. It also at times hinges upon the being unemotional and detached from the day to day connection to life and appearing to be unfeeling or uncaring or the inverse of it and to be overly connected to attached to things such as a dragon is to its horde.

In a very surreal way you could also be passing into the otherkin and therionthrope realm of things. That group that claims to actually be possessed or created with an aspect of self that is non-human. Dragon-kind is one of the larger of the other-kin and Therionthropes one runs into. As other-kin you might think a part of your soul / spirit is that of a dragon where as a therionthrope you might think you turn into some aspect of a dragon. Most therionthropes i've encountered say to think of lycanthropy as an example of the thropy aspects.

Not saying either suggestion is the correct one but something else to consider when you seeking.

Tylluan Penry pointed out the Welsh Dragon which made me think of the Arthurian stuff of the battling red and white dragon and the story of Merlin if I recall correctly.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess of the night View Post
              No I am not from New York. I know what you are talking about though coming across it during my searches. Anyway about a year or two ago someone from my past popped and he told me that I was a Red Dragon. I just shrugged it off cause he went a bit off his rocker. It's a couple of year since the first time someone told me that and now my friend has been talking about me to the new people in her life and describing my personality and the things that I do (I'm not exactly sure about what was said.) But someone in her new circle of people who says they are a red dragon told her that I am one. I asked him what it meant and all he said was "You have to find that information for yourself." So, someone told me in the city I live in and someone else half way across the country. I feel it is worth looking into. But because there are so many things with that title the NYU society, Hannibal, games, cards, flags. I'm not having very much luck.
              Well, not to be racist, but when I think of red, and dragon, I think of China. Although dragons are a prominent part of a lot of asian cultures, and red isn't exclusive to China.
              What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Working...
              X