This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anatomically-Correct Baby Doll Creates Commotion

Chicago news, weather, traffic, and sports from FOX 32, serving the Chicago area and Northwest Indiana. Watch breaking news live or see the latest videos from programs like Good Day Chicago.

Whoa, boy. It's all fun and games until someone loses a weener...or gains one...

The You & Me Mommy Diaper Boy Doll is equipped with a small and anatomically accurate genitalia. When he cries, he wets his diaper.
    Some shoppers, though, have raised concern on social media. They claim the doll is inappropriate and unnecessary for children.
    I honestly have no issue with this kind of doll. IMHO, it would be educational and actually useful. Thoughts?

Re: Anatomically-Correct Baby Doll Creates Commotion

I don't understand what the problem is. Girls have vaginas and boys have penises. Why do people freak out about things like this? Also, I'm sure many girls that may get this doll probably have little brothers. They've probably seen their mom and dad change the kid's diapers. So quite a few girls have more than likely already seen this. Also, this would be a good teaching tool on explaining the differences between boys and girls. So, what's the issue (other than some people being prudes and acting like babies are sexless)?

Comment

I'd get those dolls for my kids.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I read about this too. If you don't want your kids looking at genitals then just get a small ax and hack theirs off. You can't hide what you already got in your pants dum dums.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I had the book to this...and the video growing up:

Note that Howie Mendel is the narrator, lol.

ANyhoo...why is this a big deal still?

I mean, this is so 1970's
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

That video was hilarious. I was a little weirded out, though, by Howie Mandel being the narrator. I'm used to seeing him on America's Got Talent.

Comment

I've always wondered when they'll finally put a penis on Ken.
              sigpic

Comment

The important thing is for kids to understand what things mean. By trying to hide this stuff, and putting kids into some protective bubble, they grow up under educated. Those who have realistic parents grow up to become doctors.
                What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

As someone who had no idea what a penis looked like until I was in my teens, I see no problem with this. It's just a body part. Nothing to hide. Kids growing up during the era of classical art couldn't escape the hordes of penises all around them, yet they seem to have made do. In some cultures nudity is totally acceptable and people will take their clothes off if it gets hot. Penises and vaginas aren't weird, it's us that are weird about them.

Comment

Working...
                  X