This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOS Project 2: Prayer

Please, don't come in here and critique someone's work or the thread itself without at least having contributed to your portion of the project.

As with Project 1, we all take a bit and contribute. This is a little less formal. And I'm gonna break it into two parts. The first is personal, the second will be the research aspect. So.

Part 1

How do you pray?

What do you do to greet the day?

What do you do to end it?

What prayers/blessing do you say over your food?

Do you have special prayers for holidays?

Rituals?

Specific deities?

If you have children are there certain prayers you have them say?

Part 2

Choose a culture and research their prayer habits. Prayer can be found in many of the people around the world. Just about everyone does it. So choose one.

Do they pray in a specific position?

Do they have any aids for prayer?

Do they pray in a certain place?

Do they have altars for prayer?

Is prayer formal or spontaneous?

Is there any other relevant information?

Provide at least three sources of information on the prayer habits of this culture. Only one can be a website.
    Last edited by Shahaku; 08 Aug 2014, 22:53.
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.
Working...
X