Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find my patron God and my matron Goddess?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find my patron God and my matron Goddess?

I have been trying to figure out who my God and Goddess are:I am a huge gamer (I love kicking butt and hate losing/dieing), I love music, history, reading, I love traveling, I love the outdoors, I love horror movies (the sight of blood does not phase me in the slightest), my favorite colors are red, blue, purple and black, I love art (I am my own personal artist), I love taking photographs, I love animals/nature, Im psychic, my aura changes with my mood, my eyes change between brown, blue, blue green, hazel, I love water, I have almost drowned but I am not afraid of the water, Im terrified of heights, I love learning and I love learning about magick, I also love flowers, plus I love helping people, when someone is sad or mad I can feel their emotions and I died when I was 7 but was able to come back as the shamans say "I have gone to the land of the dead and have came back" so my question is can anyone help me figure out which God and Goddess I sound like I fit or fits me? I have meditated and asked for any of them to come to me in my dreams. I have seen this guy in a few of my dreams he wearing all black kinda like a biker dude but super nice and very protective of me. He is really tan with dark brown almost black eyes and black hair. He talks to me but never tells me his name it is like I know him I feel a connection to him but I can't figure it out ya know. So who does this sound like and is it a God and is he trying to contact me? Anyways any help is greatly appreciated!!:=):
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 11 Aug 2014, 07:11.

Re: How do I find my patron God and my matron Goddess?

Whew, that font! I'm not a mod, so I can't tell you what to do, but next time I suggest you be careful about changing the font color. Your font is dark on slightly-less-dark right now.

Second, you might raise hackles in some circles referring to your "matron" goddess. Feel free to use the word "patron" for goddesses. It's a non-gendered word.

Third, if you haven't been reading lots of stories/information/whatever on deities who fit your interests, you need to start. Some people will also compile a list of names of gods and goddesses and just start reading through the list until they find a name that "clicks". Then they explore the god/dess who owns that name. They might set up a temporary shrine, do some worship, see if it fits.

As for this guy in your dreams. . . hard to say. Doesn't ring a bell in terms of deities or spirits I've read about. Not mentioning his name sounds about right, though; some people's deities don't reveal names at all. Or those deities wait a long, long time to do so. Instead of asking for this character's name, next time try to ask him to show you something that will understand who he is a little more, what he stands for, why he visits your dreams periodically. That might be a more productive line of questioning.
    Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

I've removed the color tags from the original post. As a matter of general principle, there are four things to remember when using color tags

1) PF allows viewing with both dark and light backgrounds. Default text adapts to contrast with all backgrounds. Color tags don't. Be careful in your selection of colors because if a staff member can't read your post easily or hears complaints that a member can't read your posts then we we are pretty much at the point of just removing the tags w/o further warning.

2) Judicious use of legible color (I advise bright blue but other options exist) is fine. Color tagging a whole post is generally viewed as excessive, reactions from members and staff will vary.

3) Green is a moderator speaking in official capacity. We tend to frown when it is used for other purposes.

4) Red is an admin speaking in official capacity. They tend to frown when it is used for other purposes.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Um I did not use any color tags as I have no idea how to do that what so ever. I just changed the color of my page to Halloween and I am using black color on white background so I am really super confused as to what you are talking about. :=L:
        I have been trying to research Gods and Goddesses but haven't found anything much.

Comment

To the OP: Do a good deal of research. Greek pantheon. Egyptian pantheon. Celtic panteon. Norse pantheon. Asian. Pacific islanders. All the various African. I highly suggest checking out books on mythology and reading a ton of the stories. You can't get a name without doing the research. Google any of those terms. Look into the Encyclopedia of World Religions and the Encyclopedia of Mythology. They are both very good resources to find a starting place.

As to color. Anytime you change the color of your font it changes how it is viewed by everyone on the site. Even if that's to reset it in your profile. Anything but default is hard to read. Generally we recommend leaving it to your signature and points you want to emphasize
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

To the OP I agree with the suggestions of reading and discovering about the various pantheons and / or individual or localized gods / goddesses and the various spirits, semi-divine entities, etc. Where I would disagree and suggest restraint is in the picking and choosing of a figure based upon reading about them and saying this one is for me. Most people would not choose a friend or companion simply by reading some write up about them and saying they are going to be a BFF or something similar based upon that. Heck most wouldn't even go around saying so and so is being looked at and evaluated to be a future close friend or such. So why would you do the same for someone who is a god / goddess figure?

They come into your life, introduce themselves to you in some capacity and then a deeper friendship or hatred is generated from that encounter. Most I would assume evaluate within themselves how the presence of said individual(s) make you feel and how well you relate to them and they to you. Then decide if they hold some manner of attraction that draws you to them and to what depth that attraction reaches. Some will be an immediate match and a relationship will be formed that spans the years, others will never be more than an acquaintance with a passing notion of importance and implied friendship.

Then one, in my opinion, has to accept that there are some gods / goddesses that will never reveal their name and force you to discover who they are without the benefit of any other persons perspective of who or what they are. That's where UPG (Unprovable / Unverifiable Personal Gnosis) comes into play along with bits of SPG (Shared Personal Gnosis) that helps you discover who they are.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Alasse View Post
              Um I did not use any color tags as I have no idea how to do that what so ever. I just changed the color of my page to Halloween and I am using black color on white background so I am really super confused as to what you are talking about. :=L:
              I have been trying to research Gods and Goddesses but haven't found anything much.
              Did you select a text color? I always call it color tags because when I edit a post what I see is the bbcode for changing font color but you don't actually have to use bbcode to do it. The editor provides a way to auto-generate tags.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Nope sure didn't not sure what happened there but thanks for the advise guys there are a few gods and Goddesses I feel drawn to and I found a picture of Apollo he looks like the guy from my dreams so I will research more about him. But the goddess the ones I am drawn to are Athena, Aphrodite, Hecate and Hera now for the gods I am drawn to Apollo, Ares, Hermes and Poseidon and a roman god Lucifer and an Egyptian goddess Bastet. I will research about these and let you guys know what works and such but one question can you do anything with a candle to call them? I just bought a huge green scented candle today so hoping that works.

Comment

Well after watching the movie Hercules (cartoon version) I wanted to learn more about the characters for which the movie was based on. So I started learning about the Greek Panetheon, then I learned about the Roman Pantheon, then I watched the movie the Mummy and learned about the Greek Pantheon, then my brother told me about the Norse Pantheon and I started to look into that as well. I do like Cupid/Eros but he is not for me, I like Isis and Bastet but don't feel any real connections to them, I like Freya and Loki but do not feel any real connections to them either. I feel more connected to the Greek Pantheon and I feel more connected to Apollo and Poseidon, and Aphrodite and Selene. I love art, music, water, flowers, the moon, the night sky, space, etc.

I kept having these dreams where I would see this guy and we would talk about the weather, art, music, anything and he was quite nice and could make me laugh. He looked around my age, all black hair, warm brown eyes, tan, black clothes etc but he never gave me a name and I asked him but he always would say "I will tell you soon, til we meet again." Then other dreams he protected me from something etc. I am 27 by the way so I am young lol. And randomly when I am home alone I will smell roses where there are no roses or anything. So who does that sound like to you guys?

Comment

I seem to be draw to gods Hades and Apollo

Comment

I have been trying to figure out who my God and Goddess are:I am a huge gamer (I love kicking butt and hate losing/dieing), I love music, history, reading, I love traveling, I love the outdoors, I love horror movies (the sight of blood does not phase me in the slightest), my favorite colors are red, blue, purple and black, I love art (I am my own personal artist), I love taking photographs, I love animals/nature, Im psychic, my aura changes with my mood, my eyes change between brown, blue, blue green, hazel, I love water, I have almost drowned but I am not afraid of the water, Im terrified of heights, I love learning and I love learning about magick, I also love flowers, plus I love helping people, when someone is sad or mad I can feel their emotions and I died when I was 7 but was able to come back as the shamans say "I have gone to the land of the dead and have came back" so my question is can anyone help me figure out which God and Goddess I sound like I fit or fits me? I have meditated and asked for any of them to come to me in my dreams. I have seen this guy in a few of my dreams he wearing all black kinda like a biker dude but super nice and very protective of me. He is really tan with dark brown almost black eyes and black hair. He talks to me but never tells me his name it is like I know him I feel a connection to him but I can't figure it out ya know. So who does this sound like and is it a God and is he trying to contact me? Anyways any help is greatly appreciated!!:=):
                      Easy, read about Gods & Godesses, choose one that interests you the most. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Yb Y
                        Well after watching the movie Hercules (cartoon version) I wanted to learn more about the characters for which the movie was based on. So I started learning about the Greek Panetheon, then I learned about the Roman Pantheon, then I watched the movie the Mummy and learned about the Greek Pantheon, then my brother told me about the Norse Pantheon and I started to look into that as well. I do like Cupid/Eros but he is not for me, I like Isis and Bastet but don't feel any real connections to them, I like Freya and Loki but do not feel any real connections to them either. I feel more connected to the Greek Pantheon and I feel more connected to Apollo and Poseidon, and Aphrodite and Selene. I love art, music, water, flowers, the moon, the night sky, space, etc.

I kept having these dreams where I would see this guy and we would talk about the weather, art, music, anything and he was quite nice and could make me laugh. He looked around my age, all black hair, warm brown eyes, tan, black clothes etc but he never gave me a name and I asked him but he always would say "I will tell you soon, til we meet again." Then other dreams he protected me from something etc. I am 27 by the way so I am young lol. And randomly when I am home alone I will smell roses where there are no roses or anything. So who does that sound like to you guys?
                        If it is a god coming to you and he says you will know soon his name. Then be patient. I didnt read about a deities and pick my choice. Bast came to me she didnt speak a word. I am a year older than you and she approached me it took me eight or nine years to accept my relgious choice. Give it time be patient and keep researching. When the time is right you will know.

Comment

Working...
                        X