This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Loss of a Great Actor and Comedian

We have lost a great actor and comedian today. Robins Williams, 63 years old, was found dead today in his home. The coroner suspects he committed suicide.

Robins Williams Dead at 63

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me personally, I'll miss him. I loved his movies and thought he did a great job making people laugh.

Re: The Loss of a Great Actor and Comedian

I....don't even know what to say about this yet.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I was in high school when he first appeared as Mork on Happy Days. Poor guy. It's all too true that some of the funniest, brightest people are sad inside.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty teary-eyed about it. Robin Williams just seemed to have this something (personality, quality, I don't know what to call it really) that, even if you'd never met him, you still felt like you knew him somehow. I guess maybe it's because he seemed to pour his heart and soul into what he did.

Comment

I just got home and found out. First time I actually cried over an actor. I remember watching him first on Happy Days and then religiously as Mork. He wore his heart on his sleeve and it showed through every movie he's ever made. This man gave 100% of his soul into his art. To hear he took his own life is heart breaking. I watch as those around me with depression fall off into the other side. And I hold on tight here.

I'm sorry Dumuzi. I know your heart must be breaking as well. :=(:
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sad news.

R. I. P.

Comment

I'm so sad. Robin Williams was so funny. I love his movies. RIP Robin Williams.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

This is the first celebrity death in a while that has actually gotten to me. I can't say that any of his movies were favorites of mine that I could list off of the top of my head, but something about him always captivated me.
                He was a great man, but perhaps he lost his struggle with depression. Rest in peace.

Comment

I was really upset when I heard this. What an awesome talent he was. Will certainly be missed.

Comment

He's one of those people I have been able to watch become a star since the beginning. I usually don't get too emotional about famous people but I have cried quite a bit over this. The only other person I got like this about is Phil Hartman and I still cry when I see some of his stuff. I guess some people give you so much of themselves you feel that connection even through a screen.

Comment

This is the best thing fb has come up with yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_166101038961089.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	352530

RIP Robin Williams. Xxx
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Poor man - as too, too many of us are too, too painfully aware, depression is one of the shittiest of illnesses - it all happens in the head, but what happens in your head IS your reality.

And those who haven't experienced it will never understand what it is like.

Mr. Williams had so many people who cared about him so much, yet that wasn't enough to save him.

There is some lesson to be learned here, but I don't know what it is.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The thing that bothered me the most, I think, was that I was not surprised. I always knew he was a sad inside, but what a very brilliant sad man he was. I am grateful that he shared himself with us without reservation; not many people can do that. What a remarkable gift he gave us.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Humans aren't the only ones sad about his death.

Koko the Gorilla Mourns his loss

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                              Humans aren't the only ones sad about his death.

Koko the Gorilla Mourns his loss
                              Conclusive proof that Koko the Gorilla is more human/humane than Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh Walks Back Comments About Robin Williams' Suicide
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X