X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Loss of a Great Actor and Comedian

Originally posted by Arella View Post
    Humans aren't the only ones sad about his death.

Koko the Gorilla Mourns his loss
    Oh no Not Koko too.
    Her grief brings greater sadness and unity all at once.

Comment

I remember when her Michael died and Robin got her to smile. Well, the story of it, anyway. It was the absolute definition of beautiful, his effect on Koko. Even now.

It lies in very sharp contrast to the sheer magnitude of insensitivity, callousness, intrusion and downright cruelty being displayed by so many, at such a devastating time.

In my younger years, I wanted to BE Mr. Williams. I gave it a good run, too - what, with the drugs and alcohol, making others laugh while I struggled, inside, just to keep on living. And, most of all, the perseverance to do what needed doing, when it needed to be done. Often, just for the greater good. I ultimately let go of that kinship, I felt, toward a man I never met. But I never gave up the admiration for his astonishing courage and success, against long odds.

My tears are for his family. Their terrible, terrible loss. The world looking so very, very bleak. Inconsolable. And awash in bitter turmoil.

I know that pain. And I'm all too aware of the vile repugnance of people. Some cretinous assholes ran Z off instagram and twitter, for example. It makes me sick to my stomach, knowing that I'm going to face another day. One filled with the horrors of existence, the dregs of humankind, unending suffering and unimaginable grief and pain.

I beg that Robin can now rest. In peace. And leave this world of atrocity and animosity to those yet living. I would SO like LOVE to join him!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Robin William's wife confirmed he was diagnosed with Parkinson disease. He was told that exercise would be limited (he stated he used exercise to control his stress and depression). I'm thinking having to deal with keeping an addiction in check, dealing with chronic depression and then having to deal with this debilitating disease...was just one too many for the man. My sympathies for his family.

Also his daughter Zelda had to quit twitter after people were harassing her stating it was her fault for his death etc.

And to top off the craptastic cherry on the horrible cake? A Gene Simmons interview he gave last month, mentioned those with suicidal tendencies should kill themselves.

Now I realize this had nothing to do with Williams. But this is how hard you cringe when those kind of words come back to haunt the living. Because the dead cannot defend themselves.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Robin William's wife confirmed he was diagnosed with Parkinson disease. He was told that exercise would be limited (he stated he used exercise to control his stress and depression). I'm thinking having to deal with keeping an addiction in check, dealing with chronic depression and then having to deal with this debilitating disease...was just one too many for the man. My sympathies for his family.

Also his daughter Zelda had to quit twitter after people were harassing her stating it was her fault for his death etc.

And to top off the craptastic cherry on the horrible cake? A Gene Simmons interview he gave last month, mentioned those with suicidal tendencies should kill themselves.

Now I realize this had nothing to do with Williams. But this is how hard you cringe when those kind of words come back to haunt the living. Because the dead cannot defend themselves.
          Humanity really is a cesspit sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Ugh. Humans really could do better for themselves.

Comment

His last "Night at the Museum" movie will be released in December. I'm looking forward to seeing it, but it will be bittersweet.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I haven't commented on this yet (anywhere), but I also got teary eyed about this. He was just one of those actors that brought a spark to every role that he did and his public appearances were so intimate in a way. It didn't matter if it was an interview on national TV; he made it personal somehow. He just came across as so sympathetic and likeable.

A few friends said that they felt like their childhood died when he died. I kind of feel that way too. My generation grew up with "Hook", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Aladdin", and "Jumanji". He was the face and voice of some of our favourite movies as kids. Now he's gone.

Last week, we re-watched "Mrs. Doubtfire." Neither of us had seen it since we were kids. What a wonderful movie....it's such a good family film in that it's just as good for adults as it is for kids.

Comment

If you follow Robins movie history you understand he was not just a funny guy. Some of his characters were VERY dramatic. One movie that I caught was "Insomnia" with Robin as a serial killer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278504/
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah I've seen that one. It's really good. I also love him in Good Will Hunting and Dead Poet's Society

He had a lot of depth as an actor. I think I'll always associate him with comedies, though, just because those were the first movies of his I saw.

Comment

He actually has three movies that will come out they are in post production.

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                        He actually has three movies that will come out they are in post production.
                        I hate this type of stuff, they'll turn his death a certain way and sell more copies than ever. It's like a jackpot for movie companies if the actor dies after they have all their footage. You watch, they'll capitalize on this.
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.