This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this called? o:

Hello all. c: I'm slightly confused about this ability I possess; I don't know where it comes from or what to call it.
    I have an uncanny ability to know when something is wrong. The other day, I got a welling feeling of dread in my stomach, and an absolute need to go to my neighbor's hose to make sure she was okay. When I was young, I used to stop by her house often, but as I've grown older, I've not visited as much. She's not helpless by any means; she's about 45 and constantly on the go. So I was very confused as to why I needed to visit, but over the years I've learned not to question "the intuition", as my friends call it.
    So I walked the quarter mile to her house and knocked on her door. No one answered. I was slightly confused. When I turned to leave, I saw her horse. He was saddled, and behaving as a spooked horse would. I calmed him as best I could and tied him to a post. By this point, I was unnerved, and I decided to look around for her to see if she was okay. I found her in the timber on her back. Her horse had spooked and bucked her; she landed on her head and couldn't move. I was so glad I found her! She told me she had been unable to move for a couple hours, her phone landed about 15 feet away from her.
    This kind of thing has happened a lot in my life: Taking a walk because I felt urged to and finding that one of my brother's cows was in danger, getting a feeling about a certain event and not going only to later find out it ended in disaster, feelings of dread about certain people that happened to be in danger at that moment, and a feeling of... knowing? Knowing whether or not something is a good idea.
    What do I call this? Where does it come from? ;w; Any feedback is appreciated.

Re: What is this called? o:

Intuition is a good word. If you want to get fancy, some form of pre-cognition or clair-whatever (depending on how you actually experience the feeling). It's not uncommon in pagans and people with a bit of psychic talent. If you look into psychic circles, there are probably more fancy terms that can be applied to the different ways that the talents manifest in people. But that's just labels really.

Comment

Wow, I'm so glad I saw this post. I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks and just decided to check things out just now. I'm very glad I found this. I experience the same kind of thing sometimes. Mine is not nearly as attuned as yours, but it does happen. It used to happen more but I guess with people telling me all the time that I was paranoid or it was nothing, I've suppressed it. I used to be really close to a girlfriend I had back in high school and would know when something was wrong even when we hadn't been speaking at the time and/or I was in another state. She was the only person who ever believed me about it because of how often I would call her at just the right time.
      But I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I'm glad I'm not crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
        Intuition is a good word. If you want to get fancy, some form of pre-cognition or clair-whatever (depending on how you actually experience the feeling). It's not uncommon in pagans and people with a bit of psychic talent. If you look into psychic circles, there are probably more fancy terms that can be applied to the different ways that the talents manifest in people. But that's just labels really.
        Ah, so it's psychic? I experience these feelings in my tummy, kinda.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AutumnFox View Post
        Wow, I'm so glad I saw this post. I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks and just decided to check things out just now. I'm very glad I found this. I experience the same kind of thing sometimes. Mine is not nearly as attuned as yours, but it does happen. It used to happen more but I guess with people telling me all the time that I was paranoid or it was nothing, I've suppressed it. I used to be really close to a girlfriend I had back in high school and would know when something was wrong even when we hadn't been speaking at the time and/or I was in another state. She was the only person who ever believed me about it because of how often I would call her at just the right time.
        But I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I'm glad I'm not crazy.
        Hehe, you're not crazy. There's NO WAY I could hide this from my friends because when I feel they're in danger, I speak up. And I'm usually not wrong. I had... well, literally gross feeling about her two exes. They both where horrible to her. I didn't know one of these guys beforehand, and the other one I was good friends with. I had no idea they'd act that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerdivae Song View Post
          Ah, so it's psychic? I experience these feelings in my tummy, kinda.
          Yep, it's pretty much a classic manifestation of psychic talent.

Comment

Tummymancy

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

^ Hahaha that made me chuckle.

I experience the same feelings, as does my mom and my grandmother before her. I agree with what Rae'ya says - though it tends to fluctuate with me a lot. I always listen to my intuition, but sometimes it does make me worry for nothing! Perhaps you picked up the lady's subconscious or psychic "distress signal".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                Tummymancy
                This will be the title I use from now on, hehe~.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jera View Post
                ^ Hahaha that made me chuckle.

I experience the same feelings, as does my mom and my grandmother before her. I agree with what Rae'ya says - though it tends to fluctuate with me a lot. I always listen to my intuition, but sometimes it does make me worry for nothing! Perhaps you picked up the lady's subconscious or psychic "distress signal".
                That's very possible! Thank you guys for letting me know. c: I get really confused when it comes to things like this.

Comment

Working...
                X