Re: satan

Satan is cool, man.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
      Satan is cool, man.
      I have to agree Satan is cool
      Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
        I know I was using it as reference to my first question who is Satan??
        Wow, perhaps state your question a bit more coherently...? Ask in one, clear sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          Wow, perhaps state your question a bit more coherently...? Ask in one, clear sentence.
          Ok , the question is who is the entity satan . I referenced the Sanskrit meaning because some believe that has connection to Satan . I'm trying to see what other theistic satanist think . Which so far my question has been answered.
          Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

What I originally asked was who's behind the name cause in Hebrew it means advisory and in Sanskrit it means truth...
            Advisory or adversary?

Comment

What I originally asked was who's behind the name cause in Hebrew it means advisory and in Sanskrit it means truth so is the deity the advisory to truth or the advisory who spreads truth or is the truth ???????
              I'm thinking you mean adversary, given that is generally what Satan means in Hebrew. That being said, I don't think there is a definite, Satan of All Satan's Satan. I believe it's best to understand the name Satan as more of a title, something that is given to various beings who tempt mankind, who lead them astray and whom are adversaries.

This makes any devil, demon, fallen angel or even a deity Satan, if they are adversaries, if they play an adversarial role... and it also makes things really wibbly-wobbly. So I think instead of asking who Satan is or who is behind the name, you should be asking who is Satan to you? Who is the Satan you worship (or whatever your choice of wording)? Despite the wibbly-wobbly nonsense, he is still Satan as he is still an adversary, so the title can still apply to him.

I don't think that last part was at all related to what you were asking but it's something to keep in mind, I believe.
              Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I'm beginning to think of Satan as the 'adversary'. Not the adversary to God and the forces of good as some like to put it but simply the adversary to whatever powers-that-be that affect us, be it an oppressive social structure, an established hierarchy or whatever. I think of him as a challenger and a doubter of everything that is just assumed to be right or wrong because others have told us that it is so.
                I think all religions and traditions have at some point had a Satan of some sort, someone who stood up and asked himself 'why?'...

Comment

In my own beliefs, Satan is a title currently attributed to Lucifer. It means adversary in that he represents the opposing force that helps maintain balance, as well as trigger for progress and strengthening.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I am a God in the making, report any glitches and bugs. We appreciate your feedback!

Hay god boy,your eyes are twitching,ya wanna fix that,its setting off my flashbacks from that bad acid I did years ago...otherwise you doing just fine.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Satan is my advisory. He tells me the right times to be naughty.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Satan is my advisory. He tells me the right times to be naughty.
                        Are there wrong times to be naughty though???
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                          Are there wrong times to be naughty though???
                          You make a good point. I should fire him.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

You make a good point. I should fire him.
                            Or perhaps his almightyness is teaching you that there is always an opportunity for naughtiness. ..
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Satan as in a God, a Spiritual Entity, or a Energy/Force(Natural or Self-Created) or a Primordial? As many Satanic Paths lead to all four.

A big question is if one believes in the Adversary of the Judeo-Christian Sect, does that mean you accept the existence of the Hebrew God and his son, Baby J?
                              There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it. - John Coughlin

Comment

Working...
                              X