Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would love help finding items from my childhood.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love help finding items from my childhood.

Hi! When I was a child, my mother was a practicing Wiccan and taught me a lot about her faith. As I got older, we fell out. Now I'm trying to reconnect to my faith and childhood and I'm trying to find two items from my childhood: a wildlife tarot deck and a rich blue alter cloth with moons. I've been looking all over the internet and I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Would love help finding items from my childhood.

Hi, and welcome to PF.

Unfortunately, the descriptions you've provided are far too vague for anyone here to likely be able to help you. There are thousands of Tarot decks in circulation today - many which could match your description. Was there anything specific you remember about the images on the cards or any one card in particular?

As for the altar cloth - it could be anything. Have you tried checking on various Neo-Wiccan/New-Age online shops for designs that are similar?

Comment

Originally posted by MorganLefey View Post
      Hi! When I was a child, my mother was a practicing Wiccan and taught me a lot about her faith. As I got older, we fell out. Now I'm trying to reconnect to my faith and childhood and I'm trying to find two items from my childhood: a wildlife tarot deck and a rich blue alter cloth with moons. I've been looking all over the internet and I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated!
      Come visit the the premier publisher of tarot, divination, oracle and inspirational decks.

the link above is a product listing for US Games Systems, specifically their Tarot and Oracle decks. There are other companies that print tarot cards of course but US Games has a lot of them so you might skim through their stuff to see if any of them are what you're looking for.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Another place to look is a on AeclecticTarot's site: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/animal.shtml

The altar cloth though, that's a harder one...
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Here be altar cloths:

Welcome to 13 Moons! Shop for Wiccan, Witchcraft, Pagan, Occult, Metaphysical and Spiritual Supplies. Experience our excellent product quality, quick shipping, and fantastic everyday offers! Weekly product deliveries! Serving the magical and diverse community with pride since 1997.

This is actually one of my favorite sites for religious paraphernalia.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
          X